Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Was wondering how ross liked his first week of work at the chocolate factory? Suppose chocolate covered raisins would make a good addition to baked goods.
Good to hear you are feeling better and have a spring in your step again Jim.
My garden needs tilled big time....my wood pile needs attention....I need more ambition....

bigz

Week one was education. Working in a food plant and all the equipment they have. Next week he starts the real job but on second shift for training. He will train for a month and then move to third. Apparently they are down seven maintenance employees so trying to get any time off will be challenging.....

They manufacture raisinettes, chocolate chips, mini crunch bars, 100,000 bars, goobers, Nestle Quik, and one other candy bar he can’t think of...... Willy Wonka’s factory!!!!!

Jim, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better; as they say, this too shall pass.....

Tried a local bar for fff, I think next Friday I am making my own.

good morning,
I don't know about the "spring" in my step, but I do manage to move forward..
we went to our regular place for FFF last night. got there late, but not beyond the supper time. they were our of shrimp, and bbq ribs. I don't like cod or haddock, so I ate a couple of smelt and some crab .
this morning I said to Annie that we should have left there and gone someplace else.
I said that all I really ate were some potatoes and bread.. not my idea of a good meal. Annie mentioned to the owner who we know pretty well, that we missed the shrimp. She said that they ran out, and that people waste so much .. I didn't follow that logic at all. If food is going to waste, it is the management's fault..
staying home today and working on my project. as soon as this one is complete, I am going to clean the shop with a vengence ..

.....jiminwisc....

Yep, it only takes one big disappointing meal for me to never return....the last time I went out to a Friday buffet that serves all you care for, was out of shrimp and chicken too. No break on the cost though...see ya, never again! I love our Friday fries at home....perfection every time.

bigz

Whew, that was a lot of reading to do to catch up. Been gone for a while. First we had no internet for over 2 weeks. Company was hooking up another customer and the rooky doing it managed to sever our connection. Lately we are so darn busy it is ridiculous. We are in the middle of securing a loan to purchase the place we live in. My "best friend/mother in law" moved last year and this spring decided she wanted us to pay 50,000 for the house she had planned to leave us in her will. Oh, and we had 2 whole months to get 'er done or it was up for public sale. It has been a roller coaster ride for sure but looks like we are going to pull it off. Tentative closing date of July 16 barring any major road bumps. Finally got my garden in last week and it is up already. Really wanted to make the bash this year but forgot about it in the turmoil. Chickens, dogs, goats and skunk are doing great. Planning on adding a second skunk this year. Already added 2 ball pythons. Daughter wears one like a necklace most of the time. I will try to stay in better contact from now on.

Your MIL should read that nasty obit out there the kids wrote about their mother........

I will never understand that kind of behavior: yes it is her property but be reasonable! Glad you are going to pull it off.

Was gone all day and came home to a clean house. So nice having the hubs here...... he is out fishing with the youngest DS and GF.

I don't know who is going to end up with our house. all of our kids have their own places.
If we don't sell it, I suppose it will go to our GS who we more or less raised since he was 8 years old. IDK maybe he won't even want it .

I cried and whimpered enough about my half worn out lawn mower that Annie suggested maybe we should get a new one.. I don't really need a zero turn one.
I have over two acres of lawn to turn around in..LOL and all of my trees are planted in straight rows..

I got a lot done on the AC frame today.
thinking of going out tonight and gluing some more boards together.

.....jiminwisc......

Last edited:
FD9EFA87-4EAC-4CEB-B55D-6BCEFEA971FC.jpeg

Breakfast! Courtesy of our local bakery. Olive ciabatta, chocolate bread, almond croissant, savory scone, monkey bread, cinnamon roll, sweet scone, chocolate croissant........ and fruit. The croissants are spectacular! Soft, buttery, moist, full of flavor.... nothing like the mass produced ones.... now I need mimosas or Bloody Mary’s.....

I hate that all this has happened with our home. This used to be such a close family and now my husband is embarrassed to admit that they are his family. I don't blame him either. There were a lot of options that they did not explore. But, my BIL is all about the money and has gotten his wife to be the same way. That is where my MIL is now living so now she is getting that way. When she left here she just wanted us to pay off the 30000 she still owed on the place and we have been. Anyway, we seem to be managing to pull it off and I will be glad to be done with this mess and that side of the family.

Almost lost our skunk last night. The big dogs managed to push open the back door and he got out with them. Thank God it happened under the open window I was sleeping next to and that I am a light sleeper or he could have been lumps of fur this morning. I just love my little stinker.

Back
Top Bottom