Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Sweet set up bbp. Just the brooder in the house for the chicks every year is enough for me to end up in the dog house every Spring. Every year Suzie says this is the last time I'm doing it..... :lau

bigz

I really wish I had a bigger place and not in the city. We are only allowed 6 hens, no roosters (so not sure why they allow my boyfriend "Rooster"). Maybe someday. Until then, I guess I will have to settle for my chickens and 9 indoor cats

Wow, that's a lot of indoor cats to keep up with. We have 2 that are in and out cats, but always in during the Winter months. Just 2 cats using the litter boxes is a daily chore. I suppose you really buy a lot of kitty litter. I thought 2 cats was a lot of work, and can't imagine 9 to care for.

bigz

No cats is this house anymore.. not since for a long time.
the last one pee'd on my leg through the quilt on our bed.
BBP, I would like to hear more about the "loving" room.

we had cockatiels on our sun porch. very messy birds.
Annie had 28 of them.
we have none any more, but we still have cages.
anybody interested in large cages ??
I spent a little time outside without a coat on , today.
Is that ever nice.
I chopped some ice away from in front of the service door on the garage. Didn't get it all removed, but by the end of next week it should be melted.
.......jiminwaUSAu....

Did I misspell living room? Well, my son watches movies in there with his girlfriend. . . . Hopefully they haven't made it into a loving room. I have 4 cats inside and they drive me crazy. I can't imagine 9. And 28 cockatiels? Lol. I need my husband to read these posts so he stops complaining about my pet hoarding. I'm down to about 40 chickens because I had 9 roosters butchered last week. Thinking I should sell the Sportsman incubator so I can't set any eggs this year.

Yes BigZ, I go through about 20# of Special Kitty Clumping Cat Litter per week and about 40# of cat food a month, with 4 litter boxes that have to be cleaned daily. The most cats I have had was 14 indoor/outdoor and a Shih Tzu when I lived on the lake before moving to this location. Yes, 9 cats is a handful and sometimes, Don is not appreciative of their behaviour. They are not allowed in either bedroom though. Have to admit, there is lots and lots of cat hair everywhere most of the time. It does become a challenge when they are all trying to get under foot or decide to move the direction you think they won't go when you want to move *LOL* I would not trade these guys for nothing. They are well cared for and each has it's own unique personality.

I have one 18 yr old cat that can't jump anymore so she has to use her claws to climb up on things. She ruined our pleather counter height stools that were actually pretty expensive. She also pees on anything you leave on the laundry room floor.
One 5 yr old male cat that just shreds the couches. He has some kind of behavioral or hormone issue. Which also makes him hump the couch and other things.
His brother kills everything and just had urinary stones, which cost me $722. He wakes us up every night at around 2am by clawing the carpet in front of the bedoom door. If I put either of these 2 outside when they don't want to be there, they will destroy the front door.
Our 4th cat is fairly new, came with a load of hay. He's a good cat so far, just a little strange. So 3 out of 4 could go and I wouldn't miss them.

Back
Top Bottom