Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

We are probably going to be building forms for concrete pads for the garden gates soon. The fence is all up, now we need gates because the dang deer are coming in through the gates and getting trapped because they can't find their way back out. You can see where they tride to blast through the fence in a couple of spots. Dang deer need to go eat in the fields we planted for them and leave my garden alone!!

good morning,
I hope you all escaped the storm last night.
We did. Not a drop of rain fell here.
I covered the plants because the weather people kept saying hail and 60mph winds.
I am glad they were wrong.
.....jiminwaUSAu.......

You could always take your time bl4 and order the birds later. Since they only take 8 weeks to grow out, and then butcher in the fall when the weather is cooler....just a thought. No need to butcher during the dog days of summer, unless you have to.

Stay Safe...bigz

Given the demand on meat birds, best to see what they have and when which may very well be this fall at this point. 😊 I have to finish the tractor first anyway..... and then the three chicks I have can move in and test it out.

Looks like the company will be moving more people to working from home.... fingers crossed I get to continue this lifestyle. It is certainly easier on the budget not driving and having to keep up a wardrobe..... and I don’t miss plastering on makeup everyday.

I hope you get the work at home ticket too bl4. My schedule was a nightmare when I was working with a hour commute for a 6am meeting some days, and a hour behind start of a already 12 hour day...don't miss those days at all! But the work was worth the ability for a early retirement.

Stay Safe .. bigz

Hi all
I'm looking for Roman geese/goslings. Had an order fall through and really had my heart set on them this year.
North of Green Bay but willing to drive.
If you know of any available shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Oh, also looking for more SQ LF Buff Brahmas and/or Partridge...

just before 4AM I woke up to listen to the thunder getting closer. I estimated it got to about 3 miles away as it passed to the south of us. but the rain came nice and gentle like with no high wind or hail. the potted plants should benefit from this.
I still haven't plowed the garden. Yesterday I back bladed it. leveled off any hills and knocked down some weeds.
Dropped the back blade off and got the quack digger out. will go at the garden with the spring tooth maybe this afternoon.
at 11AM I have to be in Wisc Rapids for my VA eye appointment. that will shoot a good part of today.
.....jiminwisc......

eye exam went very well.new glasses will be ready in about 3 weeks.. military speed..
Had lunch in Wisc Rapids before heading home.
had beer battered perch. very good meal.
this morning I mounted the spring tooth and dragged the garden real good.
then I took all the teeth off and put three on spaced 30 inches apart. I used them to make furrows for the rows. that worked out super good.
I planted 1 row of yellow beans, 1 row of green beans, and 6 rows of corn. the rows are about 50 feet long. I have one row left,
Annie said I should plant some buttercup squash there. maybe I will. I have plenty of seeds.
but I kind of hesitate because I don't want vines creeping through my corn rows.
Now I can get back on the green house build project.
I do need some rain so I don't have to stretch out over 200 feet of hose..
....jiminwisc.....

Almost done.....

D2CD861B-92E4-41A8-926B-2A2A72ECA607.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom