Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Good to hear you are going to survive LJ. They can really be nasty for sure. My daughter Jennie can't go back to work till Monday after her attack.
Some of the flock is starting to molt...still getting 6 to 8 eggs daily for now. The little ones are growing fast and I heard a new crow this morning from a little one. Time just seems to fly by so fast.

Stay Safe...bigz

To add to the bee attack list..... spoiler alert...... not attacked but close call.

Back story: we are in the process of converting an old 70's pop-up camper (starcraft brand). We started to gut it, found some white/black fuzzy material shredding bees in a bench. They had been a little angry we discovered them. We quickly stop the gutting operation. I tried local bee groups for Id/rehome... no luck. They met there demise with raid. No stings awarded! Then under another bench we found last years hornet (paper dome) nest! Yikes 😬!!! Thank fully we educated our selves, they move nest yearly, still took safety measures well removing nest. Lastly we are staring to repair the side of the camper as it has a bit of dry rot..... we start to disassemble the sides and find active paper wasp! Yikes. Fast acting with a screw driver & foot help eliminated more stinging potential.
Little scared to open another area of this camper, my odds have to fail at some point . Maybe I should by a lottery ticket before the next repair.

If you try the lottery, than you are pushing your luck. The State is the only winner there. I gave up trying years ago.
Sure can tell the days are getting shorter already.

Stay Safe....bigz

Anyone else in the path of this storm? Stay safe peeps. My girls are just hanging out under the coop.. I hope I don't lose fencing. This is going to be a long night if/when we lose power. Kicking myself for not buying a generator...I was going to a few months back and didn't.. ugh.

Anyone else in the path of this storm? Stay safe peeps. My girls are just hanging out under the coop.. I hope I don't lose fencing. This is going to be a long night if/when we lose power. Kicking myself for not buying a generator...I was going to a few months back and didn't.. ugh.
The storm completely missed me and starting building up and then heading your way. Stay safe!

It is going around us. WE had 1.44 inches of rain on saturday, we don't need any more right now.

Stay safe.
Maybe it's because we are in the Fox river valley, but it barely got us. Every one around us - Lake Geneva, Burlington Pleasant Prairie, got hit hard.

Its sunny now and the girls were playing in the storm in between hanging out under the coop. They are soooo dirty now lol.

55FCC607-1B50-4CE7-9499-A8DE019A1EE5.jpeg

We had a river going down our yard, water coming into the basement, and a few trees down. All ducks and chooks were safe and sound before the storms hit..... good thing too; the river of water went right through the area the meaties were in.

Back
Top Bottom