Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I'm sure Patrick will be thrilled to learn that he was so easily replace by a chicken.
what your chicken has is common to meaties
they grow so fat that their legs can't support the too heavy of a body. If you keep food and water close by so it doesn't have to walk, it will continue to grow, but probably never will walk.
If it were me, I would give it a few days. if it doesn't get up and walk, I would kill it.

I’ve been doing the 12 on 12 off with the food so they don’t pack on weight so fast for that reason.......

It is just a meat bird..... but it would be nice if it made it one more week.......

And the plucker arrived! Last Friday!

They have so few feathers that to hand pluck one without a hot water bath would be easy to do. just do it and find out how simple it really is...or just skin it...even easier than peasy.

Stay Safe..bigz

here's your chance to try out that new plucker. good practice.
by now the chicken must be cornish hen size. a two pound chicken is plenty for one or two people..

Last edited:
It is.....

I think I know what happened to it. When we had the storms coming though on Monday, our neighbor was helping us get the birds into the tractor before the storm hit so we could move them closer to the house. I am guessing my neighbor tossed this one in a bit too roughly and it managed to twist something. I am pretty certain it was not a bird DH or I handled, as we are aware of the frailties of meat birds.

So, the bird is resting comfortably in AC and waited on daily. Has food and water supplied, it’s butt wiped and smeared with barrier cream to protect the skin..... very pampered for a bird that will be butchered in a week.

I've been working on creating some mauve
20200816_075510.jpg
laced chickens. They're turning out very nice . .
20200816_075445.jpg

Back
Top Bottom