Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

It's been a while since I wrote. Did not get a lot of planting done. I did get six tomatoes into their final pots.
It was too hot to do anything outside for me. Besides, either one or the other of us had Dr appts every day this week.
Annie finally is taking therapy to begin walking on her broken knee. She couldn't put any weight on it since March. She is walking with a walker.
I had laser surgery on both eyes on Friday. Now my eyes are super sensitive to light. So I don't go outside at all.
I got a new belt for the tiller. So now that is working like it should.
.....jiminwaUSAu.....

We butchered the 21 broilers on Saturday, planted half of the tomatoes and watered most of the trees over the weekend. Also ended up with quite a sunburn.
We need rain pretty bad. The rain is sliding by either north or to the south of us - we had a storm come through last night but not enough rain to even register on the rain gauge. The greenhouse held up to those strong wind gusts. Quite a few branches down on the way to work.

We butchered the 21 broilers on Saturday, planted half of the tomatoes and watered most of the trees over the weekend. Also ended up with quite a sunburn.
We need rain pretty bad. The rain is sliding by either north or to the south of us - we had a storm come through last night but not enough rain to even register on the rain gauge. The greenhouse held up to those strong wind gusts. Quite a few branches down on the way to work.
If you have any teabags in the house, they are great to relieve a sunburn. Dip the teabags in lukewarm water, pat teabag on sunburn, let dry, and repeat if needed. It’s a southern remedy and it works great. Most northerners use aloe but not everyone has aloe handy.

I will have to try the tea bags - we don't have any aloe in the house. I have a friend that uses apple cider vinegar and swears that it helps. Sorry, I can't walk around smelling like that, it would drive me batty as it was hard enough to sit in the same room as her.

I will have to try the tea bags - we don't have any aloe in the house. I have a friend that uses apple cider vinegar and swears that it helps. Sorry, I can't walk around smelling like that, it would drive me batty as it was hard enough to sit in the same room as her.
I agree!!
It does help to sit in front of a fan to help it dry faster and then you can apply more layers.
The tea helps suck out the burn.

Well planted my last spot of sweet corn about 4 lbs. Chanced of rain when planted, but none. So watering trying to get the pre plant herbicide soaked in, never get the whole area just to big.
I have clay soil everything still growing. Sure could use some rain.

Here she is! No name yet, and the hubs was surprised and pleased. 😊 Luna is so happy to have a playmate!

Attachments

• E43F5580-0B1F-41DD-8FF0-D2CB8F907DC1.jpeg
    E43F5580-0B1F-41DD-8FF0-D2CB8F907DC1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 1439A4B7-69FD-42E8-BBA6-F142D0B26547.jpeg
    1439A4B7-69FD-42E8-BBA6-F142D0B26547.jpeg
    501.9 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom