Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Thank you! Crazy to have two puppies at once, but I did not want to go through training another dog next spring!

And the hubs finally chose her name: we now have Luna the Boxer and Shelby the Lab. šŸ˜ŠšŸ„°

you just got rid of the kids, now you have two three year olds again.
Today I finally got the asparagus planted.

I found some muscles I didn't know I had. This was my first time I knelt down and got up a bunch of times since my hip replacements. Baby, I am sore.
Now I hope it rains. I need a day off.
I planted a raised bed of strawberries yesterday. I have two, now. 8 plants in each.
I had the plants heeled off in 4 inch pots. I ate six berries while I was planting them.
I cut grass for the first time this year. I got the clippings onto one big pile. I have another section to rake . I can use the mulch.
I put a ring around the four new trees. about 8 inches deep and 6 ft dia..
......jiminwaUSAu.......

a

looks like some rain comin. had a little this morning.
Damn racoon got in the barn lost bunch chickens. Daughter and I re we secured some things.
Moved some game cameras around.
Racoons gonna die.

FFF once again.... tiger prawns and scallops on the grill with grilled lemon and on the side potato salad and crab salad with fresh sugar snap peas in it. Nice change from the usual FFF.
Good to hear everyone is doing great and having fun....been super busy here and plenty on the list to keep me busy.

Stay Safe.... bigz

I had an infestation of raccoons once. I live trapped 8 of them in seven days. the last one was so heavy, I could not lift the trap.
Yesterday the cooler weather gave me some ambition. I set up another raised bed tub and planted it full of beet seeds. 100 of them. then I planted a packet of lettuce seeds. Only enough for a 3 foot row. It was a sample packet from Jung.
I planted another beef steak tomato and a Rutgers.
DD Barby has two tubs that she said I could have. I will pick them up today. I want to plant some beans.
Wyo, how is your broken tomato doing ?
....jiminwaUSAu.......

@jvls1942 The tomato plant is just fine, it is greening up and growing new leaves on top.

I finally got the soaker hoses installed and hooked up, so the tomato plants got a good soaking on Saturday. I think I am going to install a drip head to water the dirt in the plastic container on the broken tomato plant.
Last night, we got a whopping 0.5 inches of rain - about another 6 nights of that would suit me just fine.
We planted over 200 tree seedlings this spring. I bet we have lost over 3/4 of them to the drought. Just too many to try to water as much as they needed to get established. Oh well, Mother Nature is working against us this year - we will just try again next year.

Wyo, Iā€™m in the same boat, but only planted ~50 trees. Just horribly dry here..... over the last few days we managed to get 1 1/4ā€ of rain: we need another 9 to get to normal levels.

I have some 15 tomato plants I need to get into the ground......

Yes Jim, we are gluttons for punishment.... at least with dogs they grow up much faster than kids...... it is only crazy for a little bit.

Wyo, glad to hear the tomato is doing OK.
Bl4, even full grown dogs is like having a
3yr old kid. You have to feed them, open doors, entertain, scold....
we got about an inch of rain . No lightning .
So far I got 8 tomatoes in pots, Two tubs of strawberries, one tub of beets, one tub of beans.. Those are in the yard by the house. Down by the road I have two pear trees and two apple trees, asparagus, rhubarb, garlic, and grapes.
I am keeping up with watering and everything looks good.
I finally mowed some of the grass. collected about a pickup load of hay. Mulched the trees real good with some of it.
Next year will be so much easier with no major things to plant.
......jiminwaUSAu.....

Back
Top Bottom