Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Not getting much done around here with the high heat. Today looks like a good day. I have to drain oil out of the lawn mower. Nephew overfilled it
I am going to teach Annie how to run the mower. So she can keep the grass around the house looking nice.
I have to drain the gas out of the tiller and add fresh.
then sometime soon I have to sharpen the blades on the mower.
still waiting for the tractor to come home. starting to feel the pressure of not getting the garden plowed. If I don't get it plowed we will not be planting any corn.
as long as they don't get frost, the tomatoes should be OK.

got more done today than we planned.
I drained the oil out of the lawn mower.
then Annie rolled up the hoses and picked up branches. I mowed the back yard. then I gave Annie a lesson in lawnmower 101.
I mowed the steep part of the lawn and then she mowed the flat area along the driveway. She did very well . A little more practice and I won't have to mow any more. lol
I then mowed the fruit garden.
one of the pear trees is blossoming. the plum tree is loaded with blossoms. some of the grapes are starting to bud. the garlic is a foot tall. No sign of the asparagus. It was planted last summer , so I expect it will take a little extra time to come up.

I saw three baby rabbits this morning.

Playing with the telescope I received for my 5 yr anniversary with the company….. not bad for a freebie.

B05B4685-9FEB-4146-82D5-1ED38808F999.jpeg

BL4 That was the best picture of the moon that I saw posted anywhere. very nice.
Annie and I worked out old bodies pretty hard for the last two days.
We got a lot of yard work done that was long overdue. Trimmed trees and a lilac bush. I think we removed at least half of the lilac bush. Mostly dead branches. anything else that got in the way of mowing the grass. could reach all of them with a couple of extension cords, so I used the electric chain saw. much better than the gas one for that kind of trimming.
we have most of the grass mowed for the first time. soon it will be ready for the second time.
the eatable garden is doing very well. have pear blossoms for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom