Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

BL4 That was the best picture of the moon that I saw posted anywhere. very nice.
Annie and I worked out old bodies pretty hard for the last two days.
We got a lot of yard work done that was long overdue. Trimmed trees and a lilac bush. I think we removed at least half of the lilac bush. Mostly dead branches. anything else that got in the way of mowing the grass. could reach all of them with a couple of extension cords, so I used the electric chain saw. much better than the gas one for that kind of trimming.
we have most of the grass mowed for the first time. soon it will be ready for the second time.
the eatable garden is doing very well. have pear blossoms for the first time.
I have a battery chainsaw, self sharpening Oregon. I bought it for myself when I retired almost ten years ago. Works great for small jobs. When I got it I got extra batteries and went through a couple before I got tired. Nowadays one battery and I'm hoping the battery is about dead because I am.

I like to hand sharpen . It gives me a ten minute break whether I need it or not.
For many years, we heated with wood. I cut many cords of fire wood with the electric saw. It is still going strong. it is an Eager Beaver. I actually bought it when I was building decks a lot. It was handy for cutting 6x6's.
I have a couple of black walnut branches to cut off. I want to sell them by the chunk to people who do wood turning on lathes. I am thinking 30" lengths .

Well thank you so much!

I really like this one with the star peeking from the dark side…

E7B53370-F028-4DD0-B2A3-2A8BD1DAB301.jpeg

that is a neat shot. I wonder, with the sunlight lined up with the earth,moon, etc, could that star be a planet ? just a thought.
I soaked a dozen grape seeds overnight, today they will go into dirt
I had them in the fridge since Oct. I hope that wasn't too long.
we will see, in four months , if we get plants.

Beautiful day today! Not ready for the cool down this weekend, neither are my plants, but hopefully we bounce back up next week and stay there. School is almost out for the year so I will have 2 kids home to help so that will be nice

Not getting much done with the soggy conditions around here.
I am drawing up plans for a type of individual grape arbor . I have at least four grape vines left over from an arbor that I tore apart years ago. Very good root systems, I want to see if I can't salvage them.

I have not checked my strawberries for a few days. they are in containers.
First time I tried them that way. I hope they wintered over OK.
have to pick off the flower head from the rhubarb. seems awfully early for them to show up.

Drove up the Sturgeon Bay today to pick up a vanity cabinet, and to do a little truck shopping for the spouse. It is high time he gets his truck, he has gone many years without.

Nice grilling weather….. country style ribs tonight!

Back
Top Bottom