Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

I have not checked my strawberries for a few days. they are in containers.
First time I tried them that way. I hope they wintered over OK.
have to pick off the flower head from the rhubarb. seems awfully early for them to show up.
I saw rhubarb down the road from us with flowers! Super early, right?!

Transplanted some raspberries today and put up bird netting on the strawberries

37 here this morning, I didn't bring in or cover tomato plants, thankfully it is early enough that I could grab a few more from the local nursery. This weather has be bonkers!

Baking to warm up the house today as I don't want to turn on the furnace or start the wood stove-LAZY day here.

I need the gardens to start producing! Veggies and fruit are so expensive at the store but my kids need it.

chilly day today.
I went and got some cuttings off of the apple tree. I set up a mini green house and stuck about twenty cuttings into it.
my fingers are so cold I can hardly feel the keyboard. but I got 'er done.

My project today.

16A59A89-4A01-43A4-983E-2988A99C3897.jpeg
E7F2C9DD-0B01-4CFD-90E9-A6C851DAC00D.jpeg

I assume you went from white to multicolored.?
today I go in for labs. Wed I have my annual Dr Appt.
I am going to pick enough rhubarb for a pie. I haven't told Annie that she is baking it yet.lol
did I mention that I took cuttings from the "dead" apple tree? I have them in a mini green house.
about twenty cuttings. apples are difficult to get to root. I hope I have some luck. It will take all summer to find out.

@jvls1942
Good luck with your apple cuttings.

Do you use a rooting compound when you take cuttings.
I am going to try to root some mulberry bushes and some of the lilac bush. I have some rooting compound somewhere and will try that.

@jvls1942
Good luck with your apple cuttings.

Do you use a rooting compound when you take cuttings.
I am going to try to root some mulberry bushes and some of the lilac bush. I have some rooting compound somewhere and will try that.
I do use rooting hormone, when I have it. Somehow it is not in my rooting toolbox. I must have used it up.
You can use honey or dissolve an aspirin in a little water. I didn't do any of that. Just stuck them in bare.
I did scrape the bark a little bit, tho
BL4, can bees tell color ?
Well, if they can't, the hives sure look gay.
I air rooted two mulberry branches . they both rooted.
So I think you should have good luck with shoots. IDK about lilacs
Never tried lilacs.

Yes and they can see ultraviolet, so they see it different than we do.
Yeah, I guess bees would tell colors. after all they go from one flower to the next, don't they ?
I know they see colors differently than I do because I am color blind. lolol
today i went in for labs. had breakfast at the Eagles Nest, got gas for the mower, did some grocery shopping, got our phones updated to T Mobile and that pretty much took care of today.
I didn't get any rhubarb picked for my pie.
maybe tomorrow ?
the freeze didn't seem to harm the apple or plum blossoms.

Back
Top Bottom