Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Hurley you're killing me.
hit.gif
they remind me of my Zacky. :sniffle, sniffle, sniffle: their so cute!

Chatty bunch as usual here...great news on the turkey tag! Awww--those pups; so adorable! Another horse WiChCh? Are you keeping this one or is it for profit? (if anyone can actually make a profit on a horse lately...)
barnie.gif
DrH you never fail to make me laugh with your comments...the rain one made Dh and me laugh. Yeah, I bet you dont want any rain...
Tried to get the taxes ready to send in...cant find if I got the dogs' rabies vacs last March or not...most of them were due according to the forms but for the life of me I cant remember if I had the visiting vet do them or not! I guess I will have to ask him on Monday...maybe he can forward me the copies of the certs so I can get the licenses! ACK!
We went to the dog park today...took all 6! We had a good time. Everyone is sleeping now except Elliott (in my avatar) She is still full of energy and looking at me to go out AGAIN! Man that dog has a bad "off switch" for sure! Ha! She must have known I was tying about her...now she is laying at my feet...good dog!
DH made mashed potatoes with fried eggs for supper--MMMM! I am still hungry though--maybe a rootbeer float, or some popcorn! Yeah--bet that will be good!
I too cleaned out today--the pregnant goats and the other pen both got new straw...only the expectants got shoveled out though...took forever 'cause I couldnt find my good pitchfork! I had to use the little one and a shovel and it took forever! THe chickens just got a bale thrown over what they had...so did the roos. Everyone was so happy to have fresh straw to play in! I had folks from Milwaukee come today to get birds...I sold 5 non-laying hens, 2 big roos, 3 medium roos, 4 big drake muskovies and 4 young chickens (2 and 2). Made enough $$ to pay for my feed order this week!
wee.gif
Now if I could only do that all the time!
OK--got my BYC shirt on...makin' some popcorn and gonna read the boards...whoo hooo! Have a great night everyone! Terri O--who knows how to celebrate on Saturday!

Hello, this is our first post here. My wife and I started building our coop today. Can anyone point us in the right direction as we will be looking for 6-7 pullets in a few weeks.
We are in NE Wi area.
Thanks.

Quote:
Welcome to BYC!!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm over between Seymour and Freedom. Point of laying RIR !! YUM YUM
yippiechickie.gif
I also have some hens that are less than a year all wyandottes. Hey Paula did you get your lav. eggs allready? Let us know how they do. Can't wait to see them little guys.
jumpy.gif

I went and got nuts and bought a second batch from bargain, her birds came from hinkjc, those came in the mail on thur, and are in the 'bator as of yesterday 13 eggs, the batch from hinkjc are about a month or so from now.

Terri O
you wrote
Another horse WiChCh? Are you keeping this one or is it for profit? (if anyone can actually make a profit on a horse lately...)

To clarify, I passed on the little colt near Janesville as he was a bit mis repsented. And would have only ever been a pasture pet.
I found Zeus quite by accident or fate, and his owner wanted to find a place where he could get the one on one attention and get him fit again, he has been off for a year.
She was also moving to CA, and could only take 2 horses, which were older.

Zeus will be worked and assessed, conditioned, and I will then take him to some local fun shows, and schooling shows to see if he will be happier being trail, show, endurance (which he has been in the past)
or a combo of any of the three. And seeing where he is at rider wise.
Knowing Stan (my client) he may fall head over heels in love with him, he already loves the pics I took and his name, he has a horse named Apollo.
So not ANOTHER horse, just a replacement one.
Wanted to add, I am hoping to place him with the right person, for not much money, I just want to find his forte first, and get him past the "I don't wanna" stage and be a good solid horse.
Carol​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom