Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Yeah I know all about being the Mother around here too !!! And I ain't talking about all the furry and feathered friends either !!
hide.gif

Well anyway, here are some pictures of my new peacock and a few of the peahens. The pictures aren't that good, took with my phone cause the camera batteries were dead again !!1
The Black Shoulder Peacock:
46870_11102011_003.jpg

46870_11102011_002.jpg

46870_11102011_010.jpg

The PeaHens:
46870_11102011_008.jpg

46870_11102011_006.jpg

46870_11102011.jpg

46870_11102011_004.jpg

46870_11102011_011.jpg

I have no idea why these turned out so big on here !!!
idunno.gif

Chicken Soup
hide.gif

Last edited:
Ahhh, Happy Late Veterans Day!!!! I didn't really forget, just forgot to post it here.
hide.gif

I should have clarified, the Oct pic is mine, the Polish hen. Bigz you have a good memory, yes the Polish are from Sandhill. There are several white egg laying breeds in my coop, but I think the Poles do well. They are light on feed. Happy with Sandhill's stock overall. Let's hope I can do an order of their ducklings come spring...

Nice birds, FT.
D.gif
Theres a thread on here somewhere about how to make a tin water heater. Just do a search.

Last edited:
well, the guy was right on time and picked up the snow plow..

I built a stand for the heater in the chicken coop. I put it about 20 inches up from the floor,, I am going to hang a 3 gallon waterer from the ceiling in front of the heater.. the heat bouncing off the waterer should keep the water from freezing and also warm the coop..

As long as I was at it, I am hooking up a light switch and installing a new receptical.. then I will have an overhead light, a receptical for the brooder lights and a receptical for the heater.

I already strung an overhead wire to the garage..

I am waiting for Annie to get back from Menard's with the new receptical .. I have some around here somewhere, but I am not in the mood to go searching..

good news, the sebastopol geese are mating for sure.. now all we got to do is look for the nest..

.......jiminwisc........

Late afternoon everyone... well then I'm not totally losing my mind Amy. But really HOW COOL is it to have a pic of one of your birds on the calendar....I'd be sore from smiling!

Nice pics of the peafowl FT...thanks for sharing AND GLAD YOU HAD ANOTHER SAFE ROAD TRIP. It's dangerous out there on the road. Those blue ones are really blue, eh!

I answered my own question....the 15" rims off a bronco II cost me $10 each. I don't think I'll have a problem with bigger wheels in the back. The tires on the rims are 235 and mine on the truck are 215.....think I'll split the difference and put 225 on the back....any thoughts from you tire guys?

Later ... bigz

for anyone the thermo-cube's work great, have one on every heated waterer and bucket as insurance if they don't work right, and have one on a bullet heater as a back-up heater, but I used it as the sole thermostat on the same heater last year kept the water from freezeing in the back shed. I have 5.

fleet is the beast place to get them around $12 last year

Last edited:
Sorry I have been lurking and reading to keep up, but things are so busy. Looks like I am picking up a bunch of left over roosters and drakes to put in the freezer next week. People I know from the area are getting desperate to clean out the coop for winter. I will oblige them by opening Camp Kenmore for one more weekend, 4 roos and 4 drakes, thanks friends.

Our little Reese PB Cup will be hatching eggs this week, on Tuesday or Wednesday... Thinking I will bring her in on Monday to finish them out.

Spent a couple of days with my in-laws and just got home. Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. Back to part time at work on Monday, so the morning will be spent in the yard and finishing up a couple projects, the afternoon/early evening at work then a bonfire before bed.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

KEN

Wow people! we're loosing our chatty rep. I had to go to page 2 to find the Cheeseheads!

Just got back from town... man is it WWWIIIINNNNNDDDDYYY!

Might be back later....

Quote:
Is this an AWD vehicle? Is it 4WD? If it is a yes to either one of the questions please remember to have all 4 tires the same size, otherwise you will shred a tire on the cheap end or blow a tranny on the high end.

I have no problem jumping up 2 sizes on any truck. The 235s will fill up the wheel well, but you have to be careful of where they rub. If you can throw on the front tires and see if they rub in tight corners you can answer your own question.

Hopefully this will help,
KEN

GGGGGRRRRRRRAAAAAA!!!!!
barnie.gif
I really, really was planing on early bed ..... then I did a little channel surfing and way up on the Science Channel I found a show called "Oddities". Very cool show and they're running a bunch of them.
hide.gif

Thanks for the info FT! I think I'll talk to the guy at the Co-op about them both and see what he thinks. Those Peacocks look very pretty! Love that caption too!

Well, lots to do Sun, if I get some cooperation. Dang, with it getting dark so early it feels like I'm burning daylight now!
hu.gif
I love my nights, I just don't need it to start so soon!
hmm.png
Night!

Good Morning Everyone! Nice loolin pea's there FT! Sounds like you have been busy KNA think Bigz's truck is a 2WD. But your right about the tires on a AWD/4WD. Looks like a wet day so no woods today. Back is better but still sore. I built a water warmer out of 4 pieces of 2x12 a piece of plywood and a piece of sheet aluminum. Drilled a hole big enough for the cord and put a light recepticle in it. Started with a 25 watt bulb but had to change it to a 60. Works great! And I used up some of my good stuff!
lol.png
Really starting to question the breeding of my slw's. They layed well after matureing but haven't layed an egg for around 4-5 months. Their only a year and half old. They went into moult at the same time my prodution reds did. I've checked them over good, no bugs. The reds are only 2 1/2. The only one laying is Btwo. The whole flock has been tramatized with the flood and the preditor attack. But they layed after that. I just don't know what's going on. Internal parasites? No sign by the vents. Some of the reds and slw's didn't lose any feathers with the moult. The coop is kept clean. I'm out of reasons anybody have any thoughts on this?

Back
Top Bottom