Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Robin, that is so sad. I agree 8 years is young for a cat.
fl.gif
Keeping my fingers crossed and keeping Kitty in my prayers !!
hugs.gif

I worry every day when Butt Dog isn't acting right. She is going on 12 yrs and it breaks my heart to think about it.

Sorry for all of the losses lately. Seems to be that time of year I guess.
idunno.gif

On a Happy note guess what I got home to last night ???? .....................

My paint silkie eggs had hatched and I got my first Black Showgirl that was included in with the paint silkies. It has paint genes so I can get paints and showgirls out of it.

I did lose one chick last night.
hit.gif

look it that 2000th page of posts not much talking on here huh. Well I have been busy, busy, busy. Went to tsc and got some more chicks. ended up leaving with 16 cute chickies. I wanted more bantams but I got four. Just last year i was on here asking so many questions and being a noob. The 20th is my og flocks bdays. I have a question bout roosters, my rooster have gotten really mean for some reason and i have done everything i can. they attack my friends 3 year old every chance they have. and my other one i went to pick something up off of the ground and he started attacking my hand. is it time for some chicken soup or what can i do to fix this. hope everyone has a good weekend. i am going to milwaukee on sunday to pick up a chinchilla. i have one his buddy died so he has been depressed so hopefully with this one he will be better. ttyl fuzzy butts are jumping out the brooder already. :)

Last edited:
Good afternoon--just popped in for some...eggs! What else? I wanted to see if the andalusian roo was doing his job...looks like they are fertile. Tomorrow I will see if the wheaten am is working...then I will start to collect those for my next, next hatch! Today I put some australorpe eggs under the broody buckeye. She didnt hatch the eggs she had before...rotten!
So I had another dead bird in with the laying flock today...this is the third one this spring! The first one I figured she hit the bottom edge of the roost and broke her neck but the last two have been in the box just "sleeping" Weird...
I did have good news though...Road RUnners sister hatched her bunch...I think I counted 11. All her eggs hatched. There are 4 naked necks (more of turk's babies) one yellow one, one black one and two brown...their little bare necks are so cute! Here is a shot I got of them before they retreated back into the hay...
The hen was not happy that the guinea was checking out her babies!

Guess my break should be over...more work to do outside. I got the black ams, the cuckoo marans, the buckeyes and the wellies separated now. Pure chicks here we come!

Hey Polla---you can try carrying around the roo, it might help. I think once they start that attack stuff there is not much you can do...it is spring though...mating season for lots of stuff for sure! Does he have enough to "do?" Maybe a bigger area or more hens is in order?
(there is also the soup option!)

I invited an other Wisconsinite to the bash and to here. I dont know if she has been before but she is meeting me for some ducklings and also has a bunch of breeds people were looking for. I hope she stops in here!
Talk later...man these eggs gave me heartburn....Terri O

Which feathers become pointy or blunt?

The feathers would be right at the shoulders and right at the base of the tail. I think it may be a month before they start to show. IDK I wonder if any one else has opinions on the sex. Wow peaches was very pretty.

EL what a cute little girl and I love the picture too.

BF4 that coop mural is awesome.

Ken... I would say to the Principal that teacher stole your personal property (lamps and feeders). She needs to get it back. Period. She wants to be an eff!ng B, then she should beware when it bites her in the backside. Those eggs were donated by YOUR friends. Gifted to you... Your property. No way would she get away with giving away my lamps and feeders. A can of BigFam whopp @ss would be opened and she would rue the day...

FT... So glad about your paints and show girl! So fun!!! Now we hope luck holds and you get some lavenders silkies. Have you candled at all???

TO... Sorry old man was being an @ss. Its inevitable at times because they are the inferior sex. :D

UNK... Just got done meeting with your friends. They're very nice! Things went well I think. The kiddos were enjoying holding the chicks and found some nice ones by looks and temperment. They are going to be so happy at their new home.

CC... How is kitty today? Is this the cranky one you were comparing me to? Have you had to do cat injections before?

CONGRATS on the new babies all!!

Condolences on the deaths all. It is way easier to manage when they are new than when they've been around for a while. Either way, it sucks @ss.

Well... I've had fun bandying about some profanity. It's time for me to go do something now!

Loved all the birdie pix! DH and I are in the home stretch for getting our coop done!
big_smile.png

My hubs thinks we ran out of propane and that's why the house is so cold. Greeeeeeat. Where are my mittens to wear in the house?

EL -what a beautiful girl you have :) Love that picture.

Big Fam -it's shocking that a coon got through those boards. cr@p, scares the bejeepers out of me. Are we meant to cover the entire interior walls with hardware cloth too???? Jeez!
Beautiful coop btw! Did youse guys build it?
Loooooove your sunflower! I gasped when I saw your pic
cool.png

Awwww, Terri. What a bugger bout last night!
tongue.gif
So no fun when the hubs is being a poo head. You should've brought Tommy over last night and we all could've stayed up late having cordials and playing card games
lol.png

Glad to hear the minor surgery went well!

CC,
hugs.gif

Maggie, so nice to see you again! I can't wait til we have feathered friends to enjoy too!!!

BabyLady -it would be so much fun to meet you! We'll have to see if I can make it to the Bash! Are you on pinterest by chance?

Raim -looking forward to your pix! When we redid a bedroom and had the walls down to the studs, we discovered all the insulation had disintigrated leaving us with none whatsoever -just the ancient insulation paper! Crazy talk...

Condolences on the chicky losses...

Ghost- do newly planted bulbs have a chance of blooming this spring yet???

I'm going to go bake cookies or something as an after school snack AND to heat this place up a bit! TTFN

Afternoon all!
Just stopped by. Waiting on rain and taking a break...Ooooo Happy Friday the Thirteenth everyone....

Cute chicks polla and TO!

H&R-I want to get to the swap early, but a lot will depend on weather. I'd like to get there when they open but I think it's going to be more like 8 or so. It depends on how quickly I can get the critters all fed and watered and get on the road. I'm planning on taking ,my carriers just in case I find a buck to add to the heard. Since I lost the Silver Fox I still need to replace him. If I find another doe I like I might add another doe as well. I'm trying to get to a place where I have enough rabbits (with out having to many!) where they can feed us well while not over breeding the does.

CC-How is the kitty doing? I hope he is better today.

I have been following this thread and enjoying all the info and personalities. I have also been talking to Terry O about Muscovy ducklings and she said I should introduce myself here...so here goes: I am in northeast Wisconsin and am nuts about chickens. I hatch about 100 chicks a year and love LOVE every single hatch. I have acquired some nice stock from excellent and generous people who know a WHOLE lot more than me and I constantly ask questions and try to improve, well, everything! Currently I breed and raise exhibition quality LF White Chanteclers, and I also have some Very nice Barred Plymouth Rocks. I also have a nice little breeder flock of silkies. I have hatched, this year, chicks from master breeders including Dark Brahma bantams, Black Wyandotte Bantams, and Faverolles in Blue and Black - again bantams. I have several extras of most of these including chicks from my own stock of Chanteclers and Barred Rocks - those are large fowl. I am ready to try my hand at ducks....just a couple....and I have decided on Muscovy for the breed. I am married to my best friend and biggest supporter of all this craziness. I have two grown boys, one in the US Navy (a submariner and a Diver!). And the other in college. So, I filled my "empty nest" with feathers.....enough about me. I really enjoy this forum and am planning on attending the big bash next month but only for the day, probably Saturday. Can't wait to meet some of you!

GN

Back
Top Bottom