Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

NO NO NO! With all of the additional ingredients I would NOT process in BWB! Do the pressure canner! Hey H&R--if you would like to borrow mine you may. Just let me know! I would hate for you guys to get sick.
TerriOnotplayingwithrecipes
No worries Terry
big_smile.png
, not planning to water bath that recipe- I noticed right away the amount of vinegar in it compared to the Ball Blue book of canning recipes. I do have a pressure canner just never have used it- my mom did pressure canning when I was growing up.

Had to smile at the picture of the kids getting ready for school....I actually missed my kids today but they should be walking in any minute now with lots to tell.

Last edited:
Morning all!! I don't have anyone leaving my house for school yet as my only child is 8months old, but I feel for all you mama's who had to put little ones on the bus this morning!! Hopefully they will have a great first day though so it's not a fight for the rest of the year. . .

So here's my question for the day. Just went out to pick up eggs from the girls, and one of my BO's is all snuggled into a nesting box with blood on her beak. It's up near the top where it joins her feathers/comb, and she let me check it out without any protest, but it has me concerned. It doesn't seem to be gushing blood or anything like that and didn't bleed anymore when I was looking at it. Any theories as to what could have happened or anything in particular that I should watch for? I very new to chickens yet and have no idea what to think at this point. . .
My first thought would be to check the feeder she eats from.. maybe she is hitting her forehead on something on the feeder ?? maybe the holes are too small ?

I think it is grape wine.. if it is not grape, then it is blackberry..

Annie took my wrong part to Ron today.. he confirmed that it was the wrong part.. just so hapened he had the right part on hand in his archive of cardboard boxes.. Sold it to Annie for $10.oo..

Then Annie got on the phone to YT and had them refund the $40.oo overnight shipping charge for the wrong part..

I went to town and got a few small things for the tractor.. choke cable,, plastic tubing to encase it in so it doesn't freeze up .. a couple of Stainless steel nuts for mounting the carb.. I couldn't find any 5/16"-24 NF regular nuts.. and a spring for the clutch pedal.. IDK if it ever had a spring, but it will from now on.. I forgot to get the piece of felt for the air cleaner.. good project for tomorrow..

somehow the door of the baby cockteils' cage dropped open.. they were all flying all around in the house.. I caught one, and when Annie came home , I left.. I guess she caught the other two..

didn't get a nap in today.. sure can feel it..

...........jiminanappytimefeeling.........

Quote: OMG are you actually jumping in the air or kneeling on the porch (cheating and making it look like you can jump LOL )?
Yeah, I noticed that too.. clever the way she is kneeling to make it look like a jump..
Now , Sandi, don't you feel bad for calling her stupid ?

............jimintherestirringuptrouble..........

Those kids do not look amused.
I forgot to take a picture of my kids before school today! I hate working, I'm in such a rush in the morning. I have to leave at the same time they do and its hard getting all the animals taken care of in the morning, getting myself ready and getting to work on time.

Evening All...smart move H&R..time to get use to the faster safer way of preservation. The pressure canners save so much time if you are doing more than one canner full, and they usually all seal tight....besides, salsa you are going to be eating right out of the jar. Save the water bath for pickles.

Who is taking care of the flock while you are gone bf4m? It's always a good reason for us not to getaway.

Prolly won't sleep well tonight...visions of the bear in my sights.....big opener tomorrow...hope the rain is moved through by the afternoon. Awful warm for bear hunting...I'll have coolers full of ice for packing the cavity, if luck prevails....
fl.gif

bigz

Evening All...smart move H&R..time to get use to the faster safer way of preservation. The pressure canners save so much time if you are doing more than one canner full, and they usually all seal tight....besides, salsa you are going to be eating right out of the jar. Save the water bath for pickles.

Who is taking care of the flock while you are gone bf4m? It's always a good reason for us not to getaway.

Prolly won't sleep well tonight...visions of the bear in my sights.....big opener tomorrow...hope the rain is moved through by the afternoon. Awful warm for bear hunting...I'll have coolers full of ice for packing the cavity, if luck prevails....
fl.gif

bigz
Good Luck!!! Hubby had a tag for last year and wouldn't you know it? That pesky bear that showed up on all the trail cams and earlier in the year reeked havoc on my bird feeders just up and disappeared during the hunt!

Good luck bigz!! DH had a tag last year too and never even saw a bear to shoot at.... Majorly frustrating! I supposedly should have enough points to draw for unit C where we live next year, but am as of yet unconvinced that I even want to go hunt one. 11 days to the bowseason opener!! Let me at em!!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom