Wish us luck!

UnlabeledMama

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 9, 2012
Western North Carolina
Last night I shoved 12 (hopefully) fertile eggs that I got from a local woman under Edith our broody hen! 2 Polish, 2 Easter Egger, 1 Copper Maran and the rest were just a barnyard mix. This is my first broody hen. She's a Buff Orpington and I was told they are good at raising chicks. Here's hoping!

I just did the same for my buff yesterday. I've never done it before so here's to hoping! Our little Buffy received 11
eggs that are all mixed from our local feed store. It will be a surprise as to what we end up with. They were all different sizes and colors. Is this your first time? It is for us and the kids are just giddy right now. Good luck to you! I'm excited that I found another person on the same hatch date as us
yesss.gif

I just did the same for my buff yesterday. I've never done it before so here's to hoping! Our little Buffy received 11
eggs that are all mixed from our local feed store. It will be a surprise as to what we end up with. They were all different sizes and colors. Is this your first time? It is for us and the kids are just giddy right now. Good luck to you! I'm excited that I found another person on the same hatch date as us
yesss.gif

It is our first time! The kids are so excited! They want to watch her - hopefully they won't bug her the entire 20 days!
wink.png
I am hoping to get a good, sweet tempered rooster out of this batch so I can have chicks whenever I want.
jumpy.gif

We are NOT going to keep a roo!! LOL!l I had one and he was nice and all but would NOT SHUT UP!!!! 4am - 8pm he was going every 10-15 min. . . I put up with it for a few weeks before my sanity was lost and he had to go!. How is your Edith doing?

Back
Top Bottom