Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to control them personally, the state will not do it, they want wolves for the city folk at the country folks expense, simply put.
sad.png

Quote:
I don't think there is a logical answer - it is all emotional based decision making. The hard science was not there when the decisions were there. And as new facts about wolves are being discovered, they are brushed asside because they do not fit with what the treehugger people want.

It is pressure from those who live in their cities and feel that the wolves are such beautiful creatures - noble and magestic. They want to be able to go camping once a year and feel the prickles on the back of the neck when they hear a wolf howl. They are the ones who do not want them hunted to control their numbers. They are the ones who associate them with pets and rationalize that they only kill what they will eat.

They are the ones who do not have to rush their golden retriever to the vet for 120 stitches when it gets attacked in the front yard while you are carying groceries into the house.
They are not the rancher who has his entire herd of sheep slaughtered along with the four LGDs that were purchased for big $ to protect that herd. They are not the shepherd who is attacked and almost killed by said pack of wolves.
They are not the rancher who find an entire heard of elk slaughtered and rotting in the sun by a pack of wolves.

You may atttempt to demonize wolves ( mountain Lions, coyotes, bobcats or favorite vermin ) and their proponents if you wish, but some of us with a true understanding and lifelong livestock background know better.

There are tools available and even skills that can be obtained no matter how much certain folks and groups have tried to frighten you, Those of us who grew up with Livestock are aware and we call these special Skills MANAGEMENT. One does what one needs to in order to protect their stock and livelihood, and sometimes that includes shooting to kill, but it should never be the first solution. Our own intelligence demands more of us.

Seems easy and frankly a cop out to adopt the Kill- Everything-In-my Way Attitude. Its not a world worth living in.

Think about it.

We now have a legal hunting season. They have gotten out of control here and we finally get a chance to try and manage them it that is the word you want to use. Wolves along with grizzlies unmanaged is a nightmare.

I'm not going to break federal law and shoot them. I'm lucky to have even seen a wolf around here I will be putting chain link fencing around the run soon. My land lord says they have been around here for close to 15 years. I've lived here for 3 years and this is the first time I've seen them.so I'm not to worried about them anymore.

I live in the country. I love wolves. I would love to share their space. I wouldn't view it as them infringing on me. The only predators we have here are foxes. I'm not stopping the whole world from turning because Dani has some chickens. I just try to fit in with Nature. I think you'll find that's the easiest way to live.

bow.gif
to Hawkeye and IowaHeritage

Did you know the Northern White Rhino is now extinct? Sad that people are too dumb to stop shooting.

Quote:
X2

PLUS...deer ,mice,rabbits and such which are ridiculously overpopulating and destructive. Wolves eat these prey animals . WHY must people think that wolves etc are "bad" or "useless" ? They are necessary to BALANCE nature/ wildlife.

Quote:
Wow, the last part of your post kinda got me. Who ever said anything like that. A little dramatic don't cha think? Everything has to be done with reasoning, as far as all of use interacting with each other. But the other part of your post seems to me more like common sense and logic than anything profound. Nothing mindboggling there. Believe it or not I don't kill every blowfly I see. They have a purpose also. Just the same as tumbleturds. Why not just let um play in the the stuff they enjoy playing in. When you kill, it needs to be with logic.
smile.png
Don't stomp on every tumbleturd.

Quote:
Wow, the last part of your post kinda got me. Who ever said anything like that. A little dramatic don't cha think? Everything has to be done with reasoning, as far as all of use interacting with each other. But the other part of your post seems to me more like common sense and logic than anything profound. Nothing mindboggling there. Believe it or not I don't kill every blowfly I see. They have a purpose also. Just the same as tumbleturds. Why not just let um play in the the stuff they enjoy playing in. When you kill, it needs to be with logic.
smile.png
Don't stomp on every tumbleturd.

I don't think it was over dramatic at all. A lot of people feel exactly like that. He was just sharing a different view on the topic.

Who here lives with wolves and has the experiened advice about them? They are an apex predator, look that up and see what it means. Natural is not always best. I ahve a right to defend my property as much as those that want them here. I am not opposed to having them as long as I am not a criminal when I have to kill one.

I do have a hard time understanding why our state wants them here when they cannot mange the ones we already have, by their own admission.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom