Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that the folks that think wolves are majestic and romantic are not the folks that have to deal with them. For what it is worth, mankind is not magically and mystically immune to the laws of nature. Meat is meat.

If the wolf is such a benign creature, why doesn't the US government release them in New York City or Washington, D. C. They would do society a great favor.

Rufus

more people chicken are kill by dogs, myself if protecting your birds ok to kill the predator as long as it legal.....Wolves ,and bird of prey ,better find a legal way...because they are protected, wolves can be hunted in a few state.

I am find with people protecting their flock as long as they do so legaly.

I also like the fact a guy got find over 65,000 for killing birds of prey,because they were killing his roller pigeons

Quote:
I'm with you Bill 100%. They have really put a hurting on wildlife here, + peoples dogs, livestock. If I had the last pair in my cross hairs I would make them extinct. The old timers killed them out for a reason.

Quote:
I'm with you Bill 100%. They have really put a hurting on wildlife here, + peoples dogs, livestock. If I had the last pair in my cross hairs I would make them extinct. The old timers killed them out for a reason.

thats odd you put it that way..........wolves are part of wildlife.

Hmm. ... Well I appreciate the rational thinkers here.

I gotta say, people are more likely to be killed by chickens ( salmonella, ecoli ) than wolves.

In fact, I am of aware of not a single case in North America where Canus Lupus was responsible for human demise....and if any of you tell me that a DINGO took your baby, I will have to demand proof................
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
The ranch we work on has a lot of coyotes, and yes, they do kill their share of newborn calves, but we ship our big yearlings to the ranch in Idaho, where the wolves are so brazen, they have killed them as we are unloading them from the trucks!!!! We have lost more year old calves to wolves that were sport killing than you can imagine. Its not a pretty sight. They aren't killing for food. My LGD's can handle the coyotes here and deter them. My big dogs would not survive tangling with a wolf pack. The only deterrent for a wolf is death.

Last edited:
" they have killed them as we are unloading them from the trucks!!!! "

Now THAT, I gotta see !

Sorry, I am a farm boy and in NO way can I believe that statement.

Inciteful.... yes; but real ? I will ask Santa & the Easter bunny since everyone knows they are atleast factual and real.

Come on people.......

As a landowner you have rights and one of those rights are what you want on your property and if you do not want wolves than the state should keep the peoples wolves off just like they do with other wildlife. The wolves that were introduced in the west are not the sub-species that was here they are a larger sub-species and they have no predators and disease is the only killer of them other than man which did kill them and in great numbers (Native Americans). Most wolves that have contact with humans later die from parvo, distemper or rabies just like any other canines but nobody studies coyotes. The big game herds in the states that have them have suffered big losses and they all have declining populations. I for one have switched my hunting to hunting predators and it is actually just as fun but no meat. The Oregon wolf p[lan will allow hunting as a means of controlling wolves and I look forward to the hunt. It is a shame to lose the wildlife though that these killers will take. They are finding out that the wolves of 100 years ago are acting very different in a populated environment and the wolves for reasons unknown are gravitating toward urban areas and will surely be killed. What we will have is another unmanagable species which is bad for the species itself.

Since we have had no wolves really in the West for almost 100 years nobody really knows for sure how they will adapt only what has recently been observed. The wolves in Minnesota are scrawny compared to the Canadian wolf and most are inbred with domestic dogs, not really the same animal.

68999_wolf_1.jpg

68999_wolf.jpg
Talk to the houndsmen in Idaho or better yet watch some of the videos of dogs killed by wolves. LGD would not stand a chance with a wolf.

These were taken in Idaho, the first one was killed in the campground..
Quote:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom