Women in combat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just trying to understand, if a woman did defecate in her pants because she was a sniper, does that make her less of a woman in your eyes or that you don't think women would do that because it was "gross"?

I guess I also don't see how the draft argument comes into play (with all arguments) when drafts don't happen anymore, and even if there were don't they select people to perform a task to the best of their ability?  I had some pretty scrawny and tiny boys in my senior class, I couldn't see them being sent to combat.  But I digress, I don't know much about the military.  To me, it's much ado about nothing. 
My point was more along the idea that most of the wen I am acquainted with would choose a no combat position if they knew and realized the full extent of what may be required of them ... All soldiers hope for peace during their enlistment

as said, over used in an attempt to shut down rational conversation by causing emotional and reactionary responses.

Millions have given there lives so you can call your self free. I dont know if you think there lives are worthless cause it was not yours or what, but that is a cost.

Lets look at it another way. Over a month out of every year of your life goes to working to pay someone else to be a mercenary for you so you dont have to protect your freedom your self. So its not a matter of if its free or not, it is not. It is a matter of if you are willing to do your part or just want to pay someone else to do your part for you. I guess it could be easy to forget the cost of freedom if all you ever do is pay someone else to do it for you.

Last edited:
My point was more along the idea that most of the wen I am acquainted with would choose a no combat position if they knew and realized the full extent of what may be required of them ... All soldiers hope for peace during their enlistment
Most men I know would probably also want a no-combat position. :lol:

Most men wouldn't want to do those things either....just saying.

I think women in general deal with far more biological ickyness in their lives than men ever do. Everything from cleaning up kids barf to dealing with menstrual issues. Men really have very little clue in some ways. I know very few teenaged boys who have changed a diaper, but I sure do know a lot of teenaged girls who have.

Are we still talking about the military or marriage? Lol

Why, do you want to change the thread subject to marriage? Because that wasn't the subject I was referring to, but I'm sure you could probably get someone to help you hijack the thread if that's what you want to talk about. :)

Millions have given there lives so you can call your self free. I dont know if you think there lives are worthless cause it was not yours or what, but that is a cost.

Lets look at it another way. Over a month out of every year of your life goes to working to pay someone else to be a mercenary for you so you dont have to protect your freedom your self. So its not a matter of if its free or not, it is not. It is a matter of if you are willing to do your part or just want to pay someone else to do your part for you. I guess it could be easy to forget the cost of freedom if all you ever do is pay someone else to do it for you.

How is chasing 15 year old boys with AK47s around the mountains of Afghanistan protecting my freedoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom