Women in combat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The likelyhood of a draft is almost nonexistent. I really think that combat has been reduced to operating drones and other technical warfare. The exception may be special forces and then as long as they do not water down the requirements from current levels like they did with firefighters then I have no problem with women in combat... but I would ponder their womanhood... Somehow I cannot see a woman deficating in her pants as a sniper to not reveal her position. I think that those that support the idea probably have no real understanding of what may be required of them and that concerns me a little. Women that prefer combat positions is all fine and dandy but throwing the draft equation in even if it just means registering somehow I don't think the majority of american women will be thrilled about it.
I dont believe things need to be watered down to accomadate women in combat. Even the war machine that once was Rome had to learn that when they faced the unbeatable woads of England, whose fighting base was just as heavily female as male.

Last edited:
Millions have given there lives so you can call your self free. I dont know if you think there lives are worthless cause it was not yours or what, but that is a cost.

Lets look at it another way. Over a month out of every year of your life goes to working to pay someone else to be a mercenary for you so you dont have to protect your freedom your self. So its not a matter of if its free or not, it is not. It is a matter of if you are willing to do your part or just want to pay someone else to do your part for you. I guess it could be easy to forget the cost of freedom if all you ever do is pay someone else to do it for you.

How is chasing 15 year old boys with AK47s around the mountains of Afghanistan protecting my freedoms?

I do not support drafts or many of the combat roles the US has engaged or *not* engaged in. That said, as long as a registry does exist, yes, the rules should apply equally to both genders. I like how it is presented as a gotcha topic though, as if no one who supports changing combat rules has considered this. X)

Why worry about the draft/ There has not been one in ages . The military is over staffed as it is right now. They have QSP and QMP list already out or still coming out to get rid of underperforming, surplus and permanent profile soldiers. THe one big problem is with requiring women to sign up is how they would the government handle single mothers. Single parents in the military have to come up with a care plan or get out right now already.

I believe single mothers should be handled the same as single fathers, and I believe single parents should be handled the same as families with both parents employed (or drafted in this case) by the military.

Last edited:
We have women firefighters, police, CIA, FBI, Doctors, Paramedics, all put their lives at risk daily, most see combat, and are not restricted due to what gender they possess.

The fact is, women see combat in the military, but because they could not be apart of an official combat unite, they could not rise up the ranks and gain certain promotions.

So we still have women getting killed, seeing combat, fighting, but they are classified in such a way that they can't get promotions to increase their benefits for seeing the same horrors as the men see?

It isn't about women in combat, it's about keeping qualified women from presenting competition for better jobs in the military, it is about an antiquated notion of femininity and masculinity, it is about inequality and the desire to control another group of human beings.

I am fine with women allowed in combat and all of the perks and draw backs that come with it.

Last edited:
Equal rights for all.
smile.png

! (<-- that's an exclamation point. doesn't really play so well on my screen)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom