Women in combat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I agree. I'm not blaming the people who enlist but more so Uncle Sam. I don't see any purpose for being over there. Time to pack up shop and head home.
I've said it before and I'll say it again;

Sorry CupMan, but you, I and every other citizen are "Uncle Sam." If you don't like what YOUR government is doing, say so publicly and at the ballot box.

I've said it before and I'll say it again;

Sorry CupMan, but you, I and every other citizen are "Uncle Sam." If you don't like what YOUR government is doing, say so publicly and at the ballot box.
Sometimes some folks have to see it to believe they are lied too. (Obama) Then I am not sure they see it either. I do my part to vote them out.

You know what else is a cost for our freedom? Time, money, health, peace of mine? You know who else ensures our freedom? volunteers, civil rights activists, human rights groups? I have been on the front lines staring down corrupt police officers at a native rights protest,. I do free lance research for a human right's group, I volunteer with a crises service group and counsel battered women on their rights. Yeah, believe it or not defending civil rights doesn't always happen at the point of a gun.

I have invested all these things into causes to ensure freedom and equality for those around me, and for myself.

What have you done lately to ensure our freedom?

Ok, after reading thru this thread I have a few comments. I am prior Army and my husband just retired after 22 yrs of service. We were both engineers which is a very male dominated MOS. I chose that because it's the job I wanted. Those of us affiliated w the military all rose our hands because we wanted to serve. While a draft sounds good in theory, u will get people who do not have the U.S and or it's allies best interest's at heart. This causes giant issues while in a war time situation. I do think every 18 yr old should serve 2 yrs because it instills many needed life skills and it makes our youth be more invested in our country's future. Women are already in combat, they aren't in special forces or delta force but I think if they can make it thru the many levels of school n training w/o being cut they have earned that right to belong to such a prestigious n elite group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom