Women Only! Need some Woman problem help

Rainstorm

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Lake Placid FLorida
What do you do for your "little friend" pains?

I am in just utter misery from my sides and hip area and some down my theigh aches, so bad my hands are shaking I feel unsteady and I am literally holding back tears.

I have tried all you can name pain meds from the "friend" section in stores. Nothing helps asides from Pamprin and that is very very rarely it decides to do some good

Advil is my favorite. I take 3 at a time, or 4 if its bad. Combining Advil and Tylenol will make it work better also, but I would probably check with your doctor for dosage before doing that
wink.png

Evening primrose oil, its a gel cap like fish oil, some stores like Wallgreens carry it, GNC for sure. I got my online at Drugstore.com, its not a quick fix take it everyday like a mult. It did the trick for me and as a beautiful side note it makes my hair grow really healthy and long.

Peppermint tea. I'm one of those women every woman hates that doesn't think it hurts that bad.
tongue.png

What's your daily diet like, however? I found a good way to treat menstrual cramps in women through school was to focus on prevention instead of cure. Lots of B vitamins, especially folic acid - lots of vit A to help the iron go to the places it needs.

Edit: What kind of wording is 'treat menstrual cramps in women' anyway? As opposed to what? Menstrual cramps in roosters?

Last edited:
For pain that bad? I think you really need to see a doctor. That's way beyond normal.

Advil, Tylenol, your average off the counter painkiller. I'm no fan of drugs and prescriptions, but a run of the mill Advil or something REALLY helps. Back when I used to have such pain, I took a few, and there's nothing like getting rid of an unbearable pain.
smile.png

I take midol extra strengh PMS, I also use a hot water bottle if its bad enough and just find a comfy position to lay and chill out for a bit. I did hear evening primrose oil works real good too. but I always forget to get that and I always have midol in the medicine cabinet.

Because I suffer from severe cramping at each time of the month, I only use pads, unless I have to be at work.

good luck and feel better soon.

Ema

i use advil. have you tried a heating pad? that might be some relief. i love taking really hot showers, try that.
hugs.gif
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom