Women Only! Need some Woman problem help

Quote:
My sister had hers because of very severe blood blobs, and she has not had any problems since then. She has not spotted. Some of her friends were not successful, ended up having hysterectomy anyway. Maybe she is the lucky few.

As much i kept telling my OB, I am done with having children, reaching perimenopause, and I am ready to sacrifice the uterus to the Virgin gods! It is genetic, my mom had hers done when she was 35 years old, my sis was about 36 years old and I'm the lucky one. My cousin had a life long problem finally got hers done just recently at 47 years old. My aunt still has problems and she is going nutso.

However my doc don't think I'm ready......what???? Make us suffer some more just because you think we need to keep our uterus for that much longer with those problems and more money being spent on something it will NOT work!

According to my doctor they don't do a hysterectomy until they absolutely have to because it increases your risk for osteoporosis - especially if you're white.

To all
hugs.gif

Planned Parenthood maybe a great resource for BC. I believe it is based on your income.

Last edited:
This is probably TMI, but I have an IUD, (which increases cramping and monthly pain) and I was told by my doctor to take as many Ibuprofen I need. Up to 14 a day, (or 2800 mg). But NEVER mix it with tylenol or anything else. I never need to take that much anymore, (it's gotten better with time). Now four on a bad day does me right.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Planned Parenthood was a life saver when I was a poor, starving student and needed my female stuff looked after. Yes, income based, I think I paid like 10 bucks a month for BC (that was 18 years ago....LOL). Still, your doctor might have free samples the drug rep has left if you explain your situation. MY GYN is always good for the free samples. I got a year's worth of Yaz for nothing once.
Like Zoo said, I've heard magnesium might help too.

Last edited:
Didn't read through all the replies and I don't know how old you are but what I did was to have an endometrial ablation. They actually burn out the lining of the uterus in an in-office procedure that is basically painless. Of course this means that you probably won't have any more children and you probably won't have any more periods but it immediately solves the problems of heavy flow and painful menstruation and you can avoid a costly and painful D and C or hyst for years or forever.

Quote:
I am nearly legal, not near old enough to want that yet! lol

You may grow out of them, I did.

I also took massive amounts of advil.

Mine aren't an issue anymore (my previous post)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom