Wonder how animals get into your coop?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Rainman, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Rainman

Rainman Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2008
    Woodinville WA.
    and remember Coons are smarter and better climbers...

2. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    thanks funny!
    I have watched our cat climb right over a 6 foot tall chain link fence. She uses it like a ladder and climbs right over it. Funny thing is she does it to get into the chicken run and the gate to the run is open and the chickens are all out in the yard...I think she just does it to show us that she can!

3. Ladysonja

Ladysonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Porter, Texas
    Good Lord!

Determined little thing wasn't he?

Goes to show you that if something wants in, they will get in especially if they can get out!

Amazing!

[​IMG]

4. Kung Foo Chicken

Kung Foo Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Some dogs can do this. One funky looking terrier climbed my mom's 6ft run years ago and proceeded to mate with her prized and babied pekingese. Mom cried about this for days. She cried more when she found out her dog was pregnant. Then had to try to find people to take these puppies that I'm sorry to say were ghastly fugly.

Bug eyes, long legs, flat face, wiry hair that stood straight up. Looked like a creature from Star Trek.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  5. Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2008
    Northeast GA
    LMBO! What I want to know is .....What is on the outside of the kennel? I would name that pooch Houdinni.

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    My daddy raised beagels to hunt with I know how well they can climb if they have a mind to. Coondogs are good climbers too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by