Wonderful Rooters

youngchooklover

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 10, 2013
yo momma
This is where you write about your wonderful roosters. If you don't think roosters are wonderful, get out of here.

My rooster Spencer, has quite an interesting background. He lived on a farm. The farmers coop did not have a roof so Spencer could fly right over the fence. Since the farmer is old, he could not catch Spencer. Spencer lived as a pest. He lived on Silver beet (greens) and rhubarb. For one and a half years Spencer destroyed the garden until the farmer invited us to come and see his sheep being shorn.

I took no interest in sheep being shorn. I wanted to go and pet the dog. Mother, seeing that we were bored, took us to a pond where we caught frog eggs in my hat. We walked back. While I was putting the eggs in a jar I heard a buck buck bookark. I looked at my brother who was chasing a rooster for fun. The farmer came up to me and said, "Catch him, you keep him." Edward, my brother, looked at me and I looked back and smiled. At that moment I knew we would be coming home with a chicken.

Edward took no interest in keeping him but wanted to make a meal out of him. I had other ideas: to keep him and have chickens. So Edward and I chased the chook (chicken) for about an hour until mother joined in. It took another half hour to catch him. He waved in and from pine trees, hid under tractors, got lost in sheds until finally Spencer was completely exhausted. He ran to a bush. Edward dived in for him and then he said, "I got his leg!" Edward stepped out with Spencer holding him upside down by his legs. The farmer gave us a bag of wheat and a cage to keep him in temporarily.

After three days in a small cage the big cage arrived. The next day we got six ex battery hens for him. He is the kindest rooster ever and the fattest.

welcome-byc.gif
Cool story!

Andy is a mutt,very gentlemanly,and THE BEST ROOSTER EVER
love.gif
.the chickens sleep in a bush(see my profile) and 1 night they were attacked by a bobcat.By the time my dad was out there,the hens had gone EVERYWHERE.Andy was leading the bobcat away from his hens!!!he is elderly for a roo & has foot problems,so out running a bobcat is AMAZING.Pumpkin(hen) spooked & it turned like a lion baring down on poor pumpkin,and saw my dad and ran off MILLI-SECONDS before pumpkin would have been toast.Did you know chickens freeze stiff when scared?it took hours for all the chickens to return,and Andy showed up last. AND I SLEPT THROUGH IT
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom