Wondering if anyone believes in reincarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cara

Songster
12 Years
Aug 30, 2007
NM
My dog passed in September, and i've been having a really hard time missing her. Today I was out walking our other dogs by our house, and a little wild bird was sitting in a dead sunflower plant next to me, and it let me pick it up and sat on my shoulder for half an hour or so. Being the lunatic I am, we had a pretty good chat, then it left. I just wonder if it wasn't my old friend visiting me, it was such a weird thing to happen. I took lots of photos but I don't know what kind of bird it was. It was the size of a wren, and sparrow-coloured with yellow tail feathers.

I do not believe or disbelieve in reincarnation, anything is possible, however, If a bird let you pick it up, it may be a sign that the bird is sick or it may have been taken off guard and was stunned from the fear, or the bird may have been someone’s pet.

I don't want to cast a bad light on what happened, I have suffered the loss of many of my friends and for a long time afterwards I would see them everywhere I went.

I am sorry for your loss.
Although I don’t discount the possibility that it could have been your old friend, it does seem far more likely that it was something else, possible something worth taking a closer look at.

My theories on the different aspects of life are, to say the least, different. While my SO calls me 'weird', I also know he treasures that specialness about me that lets me find wonder and hope in the strangest little things.
My theory on butterflies for example. I believe that if a butterfly flies around you quite a bit it's a friend or loved one from heaven just stopping by to say hello. He used to laugh at this until one day we were getting ready for a long motorcycle trip, he was cleaning the bike and a butterfly just wouldn't leave him alone. I told him it was his beloved brother that passed away a few years ago, stopping by to wish us a safe ride. His brother also loved motorcycles, but was handicapped and unable to ride. This brought a big smile to my SO's face as he talked about the good memories he had with his brother. It brought him a little peace and some fond memories. Is it true that's what butterflies mean? Who knows? Is it okay to accept it as a form of comfort at the loss of a loved one? You bet!
The practical side of me, what little there is of one, would say I hoped you washed your hands real well and will be on the lookout for any signs of infection; especially respiratory ones.
But go ahead and enjoy the specialness and peace you feel from your little 'visit from heaven'.
smile.png

lol when i die im gona walk those streets of gold not come back here in all this evil of today. pray for our children.

Quote:
Hummm...I think it was either your friend or a messenger of your friend. When I lost my "Luna" I was so depressed. I couldn't shake it. Like you, I went for a walk with my other dog by the river and plucked a white flower (Luna was blondish-white) to represent her and put it in the water. I watched it float away and I said "Good bye" to Luna. Then I turned around to walk back to the hiking path. When I passed this Sumac bush a bunch of white butterflies flew at my face. I mean A LOT of them. They flew off and left me in tears. I think that they were messengers of Luna or her spirit...saying, she was OK.

That's what I think...it's so cool you experienced that!

~:-V

I also believe that the bird was a messenger and I do believe in reincarnation. When the time is right your pet will come back to you.

I did wash my hands well afterwards, although there didn't appear to be anything wrong with the bird. It was eating the seeds in the sunflower heads, and it seemed to be able to hear and see fine. I was wondering whether to move it away because we have a couple of cats, but it flew away when it started to get dark. I was wondering whether it was waiting around to see my husband when he got home. It just makes me wonder; my dog was named Ladybird, but we always just called her Bird. Wherever she is, I know she's happy and full of life again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom