Wondering what breed this is

LadyAndHerPeeps

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 30, 2011
Camden County Georgia
I picked up some really cool looking cuties but they didnt know what they were. Can anyone tell Me? I hope I am doing this right.

94026_fluffy.jpg

Silkies are one of the hardest breeds to tell male vs female. When they crow or lay an egg? I am not a silkie expert at all, but pic's of the combs/wattles, close up of the head might help.

One is laying but I can never catch her in the act.Iand none are crowing , will try to get close up pics when I can .I also with them got a few baby chicks. The Brown one lets the babies and the whiteish one hide under it at night ,I even caught it covering the big whitish one with its wing when we had a big storm,that was so cute to see.Thanks for your reply:)

Both are non-standard colors (perhaps the Buff is standard just not great quality in regard to color). The Buff is a mature hen and is probably the one laying for you. The white one with black tracings looks like a hen as well. I would like to see a picture of her from the front or a full profile like the picture of the buff one. They both look like really nice birds.

Quote:
Thanks I will try to get pics tomorrow,theres so much smoke outside in the last few days from fires I cant do much but run out feed water and get back in the house lately.
I dont mind that the color isnt great quality I just picked them up from a feed store and they kinds looked misreable in that rubbermaid container in the heat,so off to My house they came.LOL

Back
Top Bottom