Won't go outside to drink

Ccort

Crowing
Dec 30, 2021
Kentucky, USA
It's below 0F here. Very cold. Windy. My girls are in their coop and will not/have not gone into their run, not even for water. I brought their food into the run but afraid of bringing water in. Advice?

If I make mash and add probiotics, will that suffice for a day or two until conditions lighten?

It's below 0F here. Very cold. Windy. My girls are in their coop and will not/have not gone into their run, not even for water. I brought their food into the run but afraid of bringing water in. Advice?

If I make mash and add probiotics, will that suffice for a day or two until conditions lighten?
Just go in with a bowl, and let them drink as much as they want, then take it out so they can't spill or make a mess.

I caved and just hung their waterer in the coop. They were very thirsty so worried they'll be dehydrated without it. They weren't really having the dog bowl. I plan to check in a lot. Its pretty heavy and hung from a chain so hoping no issues. I plan to remove it at bedtime.

I noticed they started eating more now too.

I caved and just hung their waterer in the coop. They were very thirsty so worried they'll be dehydrated without it. They weren't really having the dog bowl. I plan to check in a lot. Its pretty heavy and hung from a chain so hoping no issues. I plan to remove it at bedtime.

I noticed they started eating more now too.
Hopefully all will go well now.

Back
Top Bottom