Woo-hoo! I hear cheeping coming from the serama eggs in the bator!

Oh yes, it can take this long and longer. Hang in there, it's probably exhausted and gearing up for the big bust-out. :-D

(Yeah, I had decided to get six chickens. I have seventeen hens, one rooster, five chicks and a crapload of incubating eggs. Addicting is right.)

Yeah! I have a little chick!
ya.gif
A tiny little yellow one.
smile.png
One of the other eggs had pipped as well; of course the first chick knocked the eggs all around in the incubator so I don't know which one it was now. Will that hurt the other eggs, being knocked around like that?

Still just the one chick. I hope another one hatches out soon so this little guy isn't lonely. He's still wet, so haven't taken him out of the bator yet. Don't want to open the lid to hurt the other eggs either.

Here's the best pic I could get through the window. I'll have better pictures when I take him out.

60288_seramachick1.jpg

AAAAAAwwwwwwww...... it's too cute!!
woot.gif
Doncha just wanna pick em' up and cuddle em and love on em' ...that drove me nuts when we had our last hatch of LF chicks! It's SO hard to keep your hands out till they are all dry!! lol

I want some Serama eggs to hatch out now!!!
jumpy.gif

Just thought I'd post an update. I ended up having 3 little serama chicks hatch out; the last one finally hatched late yesterday afternoon. The last two eggs in the bator I don't think made it, I see no movement. I'll probably leave them in there one more day just to be sure (they don't smell yet) and then pull the plug. The 3 that hatched are all very cute and very tiny! I can't believe how small they are! I tried to take pictures of them last night, but the red heat lamp in the brooder made the pics turn out horrible. I will have to take them out for a picture tonight and I'll post a picture then. Thanks everyone for your help and words of encouragement.

Back
Top Bottom