WOO HOO! my ducks started laying!!

NewChickenMom

Songster
11 Years
May 16, 2008
Omaha, NE
i have a pair of crested pekins and a pair of pekins that have been mating for a couple months now so i was hoping they would lay soon. i'd been looking everywhere for eggs, then today i was cleaning the barn and found two eggs in a nest! woo hoo! i already put them in the incubator so i dont have any pictures. i'm so excited! now if i can only figure out who it is

I know your excitement well, I just found three eggs two days ago, up to five duck eggs total. I honestly didn't think they would lay until spring!

me either!! i'm stoked! hopfully these eggs aren't the lethal crested ones, i'll be sad if i don't get one of my first duck eggs to hatch

thats great!
smile.png

I am patiently waiting for my girls to start laying (they're JUST turning 4 months old on the 7th, and then the 14th of this month, so I've got a few more weeks to wait, generally, ducks lay inbetween the ages of 5 and 8 months of age, one of my mallards(RIP Bandit
sad.png
) layed her very first egg at 6 months old, and didn't lay again, until ab9 months, w layed an intire clutch and went broody, sadly none of the eggs were fertile.

I love crested pekins, I plan to get one of two next year possibly as well, as a crested mallard to add to my lines.

Back
Top Bottom