Pekin ducks

Rettarooster

Hatching
Oct 4, 2023
I have a new pekin hen who just started laying eggs a couple months ago & she is laying double yokes almost daily, but my wonder is that she's laid 3 triple yokes already. Now I just read where someone else's duck is laying double yoke & you said it's probably the protein amount. So should we also take her off the layer food? And has anyone ever hatched a triple yoked egg?

I have a new pekin hen who just started laying eggs a couple months ago & she is laying double yokes almost daily, but my wonder is that she's laid 3 triple yokes already. Now I just read where someone else's duck is laying double yoke & you said it's probably the protein amount. So should we also take her off the layer food? And has anyone ever hatched a triple yoked egg?
Ok thanks for responding so quickly, I am very glad I joined this post. Now have another question about my pekin hen. The other day she dropped a jelly egg in the yard which surprised me because she normally only ever lays 1 egg a day but this egg had something different sticking out of end & not sure what it was or why she laid a second egg in the same day. Now she didn't lay an egg the following morning which we kinda expected after the second egg. The question is do you think she needs oyster shells because it was a jelly type egg, & that's the 1st one I seen her lay that way. Here's a picture of the egg, does anyone know what's sticking out the end??

Attachments

• 20231006_185224.jpg
    20231006_185224.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 1
Oh and for about the oyster shell question as I see you already said offer oyster sheel, your ducks prefer the flakes. Sorry I missed that part and then reread your answer to my last question

Oh and for about the oyster shell question as I see you already said offer oyster sheel, your ducks prefer the flakes. Sorry I missed that part and then reread your answer to my last question
thats a soft shell egg and its not too uncommon to see that once in a while. she's new to laying so her body is trying to figure things out. :)

Back
Top Bottom