Woo hoo!!!!!

annie3001

My Girls
13 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Ct.
out of 4 ducks we have, 3 are female. and this morning i found the first egg!!! its huge!!!!!!!

34076_2nd_pic_of_duck_egg.jpg

34076_first_duck_egg.jpg
comparing the egg against our chickens egg
wee.gif

we have 2 welsh harlequins and 1 beauty black swedish and the male is a buff orpington. we got them as ducklings back in march this year. they are all so friendly.

about 6 months old

i knew one of the girls was going to lay any day... didnt know where or when.. they were very noisy last few days. probably preparing for it. lol.
they free range, so i had been going throughout the yard, looking for their eggs, only to find them in the coop. ha

Last edited:
Yay! Im glad you finally got a egg. Mine still dont lay, they are qbout 5 and a half months old. So mine should start pretty soon. I really want to hatch some little rouen eggs. At the moment I have 1 rouen girl and a rouen boy and 1 ancona girl and 1khaki campbell boy. when they start laying I will wait a week of them laying and then breed them and hatch some babies!

i was thinking about getting the rouens before i ended up getting the welsh, are the rouens big? they seem it? i wanted a bit smaller duck in size. turns out our drake tho, he's huge!!! about the size our rooster!! lol

Yes! They are! But I love them! If you are still wanting another small breed look into some khakis, I have one I like em and im going to be getting some eggs and try to hatch some girls.

Back
Top Bottom