Wood burning stove fiasco

What a mess! Hope you get it straightened out. I say, make a scene if you have to, but make them responsible for fixing things.

Despite all the crap, great news about your girl!!
I'll keep you guys informed of what happens. If you've never purchased a wood stove or a fireplace you will find that they are real adult money expensive! Our deposit alone was a couple grand so there is no way we are paying for poor work and improper parts

Maybe she's trying to go broody and looking for a nice, private nest spot.😉
Idk. My fiancee said he turned on the truck and "saw a flash" like something darted by. He chased after it and saw it was her. She kept running and bok boking until she found the chicken wire and sat in it. He then was able to grab her which she then started to panic like "how did he see me?!" He popped her back in the nesting boxes right after that. Shes only 3 or 4 months old and just started laying. I doubt she'd be broody but maybe?

Glad you found your hen! I hope the weather is fair in your area. I pray you get good results when you air your complaints & can use your stove very soon!

Glad you found your hen! I hope the weather is fair in your area. I pray you get good results when you air your complaints & can use your stove very soon!
Today it is; high of 53. But lately it's been very cold. She got lucky. Very lucky. We normally have problems with coyotes but lately they haven't been hanging about. Last night we were talking about what could have taken her and left no trace. I suspected a hawk and my fiancee said a fox. Either way had we not found her I was going to go searching the property today for any sign of her. I haven't seen any foxes around here in quite some time. Most of the local farmers won't tolerate them.

@Ninjasquirrel , I'm glad your chicken is back with you.

Please get someone who knows what they're doing to take care of the wood stove. Improper installation can burn down your house (obvious), or kill everyone in their sleep with carbon monoxide (less obvious). Yes, wood stoves are expensive. Your house is more expensive. Your life is irreplaceable. Good luck, and let us know how it goes. Sending positive waves and hugs! :fl :hugs

@Ninjasquirrel , I'm glad your chicken is back with you.

Please get someone who knows what they're doing to take care of the wood stove. Improper installation can burn down your house (obvious), or kill everyone in their sleep with carbon monoxide (less obvious). Yes, wood stoves are expensive. Your house is more expensive. Your life is irreplaceable. Good luck, and let us know how it goes. Sending positive waves and hugs! :fl :hugs
Yea I've been reading the manual. It even says if "installed in a sleeping area to install a carbon monoxide detector". We already have one in our house anyways and several fire detectors. We don't plan on having a fire in this thing until it is properly inspected by a proper technician even if that means an outside source. I honestly have never trusted wood burners but my fiancee wanted it so badly I agreed to it. Now I'm regretting it. His whole thing is to prepare for if SHTF and I get that which is why I agreed. But lots of money and time later and this thing has just been a whole nightmare. The worst part is is that they were pretty much our only option. All the other stores in the area are no longer carrying wood burners and only pellet stoves.

Wood stoves are very popular. Do you know someone who has one? Ask around for a personal recommendation. If you know -- or know of -- any builders, they may have "a guy" they can recommend. Please be safe!

Wood stoves are very popular. Do you know someone who has one? Ask around for a personal recommendation. If you know -- or know of -- any builders, they may have "a guy" they can recommend. Please be safe!
We had the only person we know who has one over yesterday after the install. He is from out of state so he cant recommend anyone local. The EPA changed their standards recently so a lot of the manufacturers stopped making them because the standards were too costly to adhere to. Thats why we decided to get one now while the getting was good.

The EPA changed their standards recently so a lot of the manufacturers stopped making them because the standards were too costly to adhere to. Thats why we decided to get one now while the getting was good.

Wow. Just wow. Is the installation of a pellet stove that much different? Fire, air intake needed, smoke has to go somewhere, and heat. I don't know if the requirements are different, so maybe someone can chime in here?

Back
Top Bottom