WOOT! Saved $251.00 off DishTV

I kind of had that experiance with our cable company. I was in there little cubby hole of an office in Humble the other week and was turning in a remote that quit remoting. I was flirting with the lady (her was purty and I'm single) and telling her I needed my cable for free. I walked out with $52 a month off of my bill for six months. She said when it goes back up to come back in and do the same thing every time. My bill is still over $200 a month though.

Wow, side note, I am looking out the window right now and my back yard is full of these bright white birds with really longs legs. It almost looks like snow out there. We've had rain for the last four days so they are after what ever wet yards produce I expect.

Quote:
ep.gif
fl.gif
please tell me your bill is something like high speed internet, phone and TV all rolled into one for that price?!!

ouch!

Last edited:
Quote:
ep.gif
fl.gif
please tell me your bill is something like high speed internet, phone and TV all rolled into one for that price?!!

ouch!

No phone in there, yes the high speed internet and a gazillion (with a g) channels that I really need to evaluate. Gotta have that speed channel

We're gearing up to dump the satellite companies by tuning in the FTA channels (Free to Air). Remember the huge dishes? Our house has one and my DH has scrounged receivers in order to get a fix on all the free channels. When he has found all the things he wants on them, DirecTV,which we've had for about 17 years will go bye-bye. There are lots of free channels on FTA, C-band and KU-band. Dumped cellphones and now dumping the satellite companies. Free at last!

Quote:
Will the direct tv satellites pick those up? I have one of those but no reciever. Where did yall get that reciever to pick up those free channels?

I dont think the DirecTV dishes will pick up any of that, but dont quote me on that. The receivers are on Ebay all the time. Google "Cool Sat 6000" as a key word and you will find all sorts of things about FTA. It's not as convenient as DISH or DirecTV, but it's free. The KU is digital and if you have a receiver that picks that up, there are lots more programs than just on C-band. My DH has been working on this for a couple years now, gathering equipment, etc and finding programming.

I just mailed off our Direct TV bill - it went up 3.00 a month for no reason - 61.00 a month. So is everyone happy with Dish TV? I don't need HBO and the fancy stuff just the basics! I'm so disgusted with Direct TV I could scream!

Back
Top Bottom