World's Biggest Dog in North Dakota - 7ft from nose to tail!

Yes, that is a purebred newfie. We had a client with a Landseer , black and white. I prefer my dog size-65 lbs. Big enough but not so much to take over the couch!
big_smile.png

Quote:
lol.png
I am used to big dogs (GSD's) but I agree! My limit is about 100lbs; my folks have a 100+ pounder GSD and he just about breaks your foot when stepping on it. It's safer to keep the horses outside the house...

I have no idea on the nose to tail thing. He won't get tallest living dog though (the articles I read said that's what they were trying for). 36 is actually a pretty average height for a great dane or irish wolfhound. He's a really pretty dog though! I wonder who thought to measure him that way? I may have to measure mine just for curriousity sake.

My old boss owned a Newfie named Druid who weighed 220 lbs and was actually looked in a Purina search for America's Largest dog or something like that.

A High school buddy of mine owned a 1/2 German Shepherd, 1/4 Rott, 1/4 Great Dane that his uncle had been breeding, trying to promote the mix as a new breed of super police dog. Apparently it didn't work b/c his nephew ended up with a pup. Full grown, this dog was about 3 1/2 ft. high at the shoulder and massive, but shepherd shaped.

7 ft. is mighty big ... imagine how much food he eats!

Quote:
lol.png
I am used to big dogs (GSD's) but I agree! My limit is about 100lbs; my folks have a 100+ pounder GSD and he just about breaks your foot when stepping on it. It's safer to keep the horses outside the house...

Forgot to mention--we always have 2 dogs. So 2 dogs over 100 lbs is too big for me to get on the couch with them! And you know they HAVE to try to sit on top of you...
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom