World's Biggest Dog in North Dakota - 7ft from nose to tail!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Amyable, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
  2. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    Oh My I could ride him LOL

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I use to have a neighbor that had some kind of dog that could stand flat on all fours in the bed of his full sized truck an look over the cab. Huge dog... Something from Russia I think?

4. chickerdoodle

chickerdoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Oregon
    Yes, that is a purebred newfie. We had a client with a Landseer , black and white. I prefer my dog size-65 lbs. Big enough but not so much to take over the couch! [​IMG]

5. suburbanminifarm

suburbanminifarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    Landseer is just the color, The dog is a Newfoundland.

6. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Quote:[​IMG] I am used to big dogs (GSD's) but I agree! My limit is about 100lbs; my folks have a 100+ pounder GSD and he just about breaks your foot when stepping on it. It's safer to keep the horses outside the house...

7. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    That is one huge dog! I thought my mom's English Mastif was big but she doesn't hold a candle to this dog!

8. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    I have no idea on the nose to tail thing. He won't get tallest living dog though (the articles I read said that's what they were trying for). 36 is actually a pretty average height for a great dane or irish wolfhound. He's a really pretty dog though! I wonder who thought to measure him that way? I may have to measure mine just for curriousity sake.

9. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    My old boss owned a Newfie named Druid who weighed 220 lbs and was actually looked in a Purina search for America's Largest dog or something like that.

A High school buddy of mine owned a 1/2 German Shepherd, 1/4 Rott, 1/4 Great Dane that his uncle had been breeding, trying to promote the mix as a new breed of super police dog. Apparently it didn't work b/c his nephew ended up with a pup. Full grown, this dog was about 3 1/2 ft. high at the shoulder and massive, but shepherd shaped.

7 ft. is mighty big ... imagine how much food he eats!

10. chickerdoodle

chickerdoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Oregon
    Quote:[​IMG] I am used to big dogs (GSD's) but I agree! My limit is about 100lbs; my folks have a 100+ pounder GSD and he just about breaks your foot when stepping on it. It's safer to keep the horses outside the house...

Forgot to mention--we always have 2 dogs. So 2 dogs over 100 lbs is too big for me to get on the couch with them! And you know they HAVE to try to sit on top of you...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by