Worm in my egg?

Annabhutton

Hatching
May 1, 2018
I don’t have chickens myself but my family always purchased eggs from some people that live near us.

This morning I found something in my egg and I’m not sure what it is? I boiled the egg and found this (picture below) I’m the egg as I was eating. I ate a tiny amount of the egg but I’m now worried that I could be infected if it is a tapeworm/roundworm.

Does anyone know what this is? And if so can it infect me after I have boiled the egg?

Attachments

• 53670A86-7D79-4095-A509-B328C8CBBA30.jpeg
    53670A86-7D79-4095-A509-B328C8CBBA30.jpeg
    286.7 KB · Views: 51
Welcome to BYC....I have no idea what it is, it looks like a plant, but how? I'm following to see if any of the experts have an idea.
Maybe it's time to get your own chickens, lol.......

Oh my!! I also have no clue never seen this..but sure does look like some type of worm to me :sick...I agree maybe your own chickens..I definitely don’t think I’d be eating any of the neighbors again..and if it is worms advise them to take care of their animals and worm them..so sorry I’d be freaking out not to mention woulda took me straight to the bathroom I have no stomach for nasty stuff when it’s comes to eating it.. I’d never survive fear factor because of it :gig...

Oh my!! I also have no clue never seen this..but sure does look like some type of worm to me :sick...I agree maybe your own chickens..I definitely don’t think I’d be eating any of the neighbors again..and if it is worms advise them to take care of their animals and worm them..so sorry I’d be freaking out not to mention woulda took me straight to the bathroom I have no stomach for nasty stuff when it’s comes to eating it.. I’d never survive fear factor because of it :gig...
No I don’t think I will be getting them from there again! I’ve been googling for ages and I still haven’t found an answer and my mind is running away with me lol! I will definitely let them know!

Well anyway you cooked it and it's surely dead if it was actually alive to begin w.

Back
Top Bottom