worm issue

On the contrary, DE does in fact treat and prevent worms (less effective on tapeworms) in a variety of animals including chickens, cattle and dogs. Please, feel free to do your own research. Chemicals are not the only answer.
I rarely have to treat with chemicals, but this is one of those times they need it, this is first time I've dealt with this situation but do not feel like taking chances as bad as they are with them. I will do what is needed for the good of my flock I am not going to loose pullets cause of slow acting. Everyone is entitles to their opinion but don't get so pushy please. Each flock master does what they think is in the best interest of their flock.

On the contrary, DE does in fact treat and prevent worms (less effective on tapeworms) in a variety of animals including chickens, cattle and dogs. Please, feel free to do your own research. Chemicals are not the only answer.
PM me when your birds excrete worms. I dont live far from you and will be happy to worm your birds and show you how to do it. I have plenty of Valbazen and Safeguard liquid wormers.

I rarely have to treat with chemicals, but this is one of those times they need it, this is first time I've dealt with this situation but do not feel like taking chances as bad as they are with them. I will do what is needed for the good of my flock I am not going to loose pullets cause of slow acting. Everyone is entitles to their opinion but don't get so pushy please. Each flock master does what they think is in the best interest of their flock.
My response was to dawg53 that dismissed what I had written so don't get your feather ruffled.
PS. I stand by what I wrote.

My response was to dawg53 that dismissed what I had written so don't get your feather ruffled.
PS. I stand by what I wrote.
I know you're new to chicken keeping and I'd hate to see you learn the hard way about DE, it is hyped. There are many folks in BYC that have learned the hard way when it comes to using DE for worming, or for anything else for that matter.
I have no reason NOT to tell you the truth about DE. I really dont feel like copying and pasting hundreds of BYC threads proving DE doesnt work.

In the morning they get the Valbezen treatment after clean out as food was put up tonight, they started Corid today but weren't drinking very much poops are a bit runny nowbut not much blood now and they are all more perked up, will continue for recommended days. Should I start yogurt and stuff now or give it a few days?

After you worm your birds, mix buttermilk with plain boiled white rice and give it to your chickens to eat, make sure the mixture has cooled down. Buttermilk is a better probiotic than yogurt. It coats the intestinal lining preventing further damage by cocci. It can be used as a temporary treatment for cocci until corid can be given. It will also stop diarrhea, unlike yogurt which tends to pass through them. Boiled white rice "settles'' innards. Your chickens will scoff it up, the white rice looks like maggots to them.
Do this after each worming. You wont regret it and your chickens will love it.
I also give our dog boiled white rice sometimes when he's off his food. Rice settles their stomach and gets regular eating habits back to normal.

After you worm your birds, mix buttermilk with plain boiled white rice and give it to your chickens to eat, make sure the mixture has cooled down. Buttermilk is a better probiotic than yogurt. It coats the intestinal lining preventing further damage by cocci. It can be used as a temporary treatment for cocci until corid can be given. It will also stop diarrhea, unlike yogurt which tends to pass through them. Boiled white rice "settles'' innards. Your chickens will scoff it up, the white rice looks like maggots to them.
Do this after each worming. You wont regret it and your chickens will love it.
I also give our dog boiled white rice sometimes when he's off his food. Rice settles their stomach and gets regular eating habits back to normal.
Thanks for the Idea, they are on day 2 of corid treatment today, will go get them some. at least don't have to worry about pulling eggs they are pullets and no where close to laying yet

Eewww...I am going to freak out when/if I ever find something like this. I read somewhere to mix DE in their feed every couple of months to prevent this. Hope this is true cause that is what I'm relying on. Again, eeewwww![/QUO

I have put DE in the chicken feed i have for my chicken. It is a natural dewormer, and there is probiotic powder at tractor supply you put in water for them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-09-12-14-08-52.png
    Screenshot_2019-09-12-14-08-52.png
    390.7 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom