worm issue

day 3 we are using the .024, and they are refusing to drink it , not seeing any more bloody poops is it ok to go ahead and go to the preventative now with them not willing to take the higher dosage and no more bloody poops?

I can't help myself.

Not everything you read on the internet is real.

DE does not, can not rid worms. It is impossible for it to be able to do anything in a damn environment.

day 3 we are using the .024, and they are refusing to drink it , not seeing any more bloody poops is it ok to go ahead and go to the preventative now with them not willing to take the higher dosage and no more bloody poops?

Well if they definately aren't drinking any water then yea I would try 0.012%.

0.024% is for a severe outbreak. I would guess to say your past a severe outbreak.
0.012% is for a moderate outbreak.
0.006% after day 5 of one of the above you switch to this dose for another 1 to 2 weeks.

Are you using the liquid Corid or the Corid powder, and how much are you putting in a gallon of water?

I am using the powder was only thing available around here. and needed to get them started ASAP 1.5 TSP as recommended

Just to be clear, it is Corid Powder 20% Amprolium Hydrochloride right?

I think there are some other brands of amprolium with different concentrations.

Thats fine.

0.024% = 1.5 teaspoons of powder per gallon of water.
0.012% = 3/4 teaspoon of powder per gallon of water.
0.006% = 1/3 teaspoon of powder per gallon of water.
so appreciate the tps ones, gave my self a headache trying to figure them out when started treatment. and yes its the 20% that was recommended.

Are you making fresh Corid water everyday? I've never had any problems with birds not drinking Corid water.
How are they refusing to drink? Are you measuring the water that you put out there?
Yes I am making it fresh each morning, and based on what they drank today from their waterer and observations from checks on them, last 2 days they finished and I refilled their waterers, today saw each of them only take a couple of drinks and water was still the same amount of water come evening. they drank maybe 2 cups compared to a almost a gallon previous 2 days.

Stress wouldn't cause this from being dosed with the Valbazen this morning would it?

Last edited:
Yes I am making it fresh each morning, and based on what they drank today from their waterer and observations from checks on them, last 2 days they finished and I refilled their waterers, today saw each of them only take a couple of drinks and water was still the same amount of water come evening. they drank maybe 2 cups compared to a almost a gallon previous 2 days.

Stress wouldn't cause this from being dosed with the Valbazen this morning would it?
What's your weather been like - hotter the last couple of days than today?

I'm confused, LOL I thought you wormed them yesterday?
If they are thirsty, they will drink.

Back
Top Bottom