Worm

That is probably a large roundworm. Most wormers that are effective are given to each chicken individually, and are wormers for cattle, sheep, and goats. SafeGuard is one you may find in feed stores and Valbazen, which is more expensive but goes much farther, may be in some stores or online. The good thing about Valbazen is that it gets most worms with a dose of 1/2 ml for an average size chicken (0.08 ml per pound) given by mouth once and repeat in 10 days. Safeguard Liquid Goat Wormer is given once and repeated in 10 days for roundworms only. To get most possible chicken worms, it must be given for 5 straight days. These are very safe to use. Valbazen can be ordered here for $44 for 500 ml:
https://www.jefferspet.com/products/valbazen-broad-spectrum-dewormer
SafeGuard is carried by TSC and most feed stores.
I am picking up safeguard on my way home tonight. Should I use the same dosage as you recommended for the Valbazen? And do it for 5 days straight? I am not sure what my chickens weigh. Not much. I will try to get on the scale with them. They are 3 1/2 months old.

Wow that wasn’t easy. I gave 1/2 ml per chicken. Tried to weigh them. I slowly tried to give it in the locked beak lol a little at a time.

So my girls have been treated for a week now. They finished meds (safeguard) last Friday 23rd. Now it looks like tapeworms also. Posting pic. I guess I should have treated differently

They seem fine. One still has loose stool.

Attachments

• 3893F61E-EEEF-4EFD-9E7F-436792365CE5.jpeg
    3893F61E-EEEF-4EFD-9E7F-436792365CE5.jpeg
    429 KB · Views: 10
  • 6218EB3A-8EEA-4E0C-950E-1780E3DBE4CC.jpeg
    6218EB3A-8EEA-4E0C-950E-1780E3DBE4CC.jpeg
    680.9 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom