Wormer for turkeys

marius86

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2017
Good day

I have read that Valbazen is a good dewormer for poultry, I have looked for Valbazen and could only find Virbac prodose blue.
It contains Albendazole, can this be used for turkeys and what would the dosage be?

CAUTION

Dosage form: Suspension.

Composition: Albendazole 7,5 % m/v.

Indications: Roundworm and milk tapeworm remedy for cattle.

Warnings:
• Do not slaughter animals for human consumption within 12 days of dosing.
• Do not dose lactating cows whose milk or milk products are intended for human consumption.
• Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
• Although this remedy has been tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.

Management practice should ensure that drenching procedures are carefully carried out.
It is important not to exceed the recommended dosage in cows during the first month of pregnancy.

Directions for use: Use only as directed. Shake well be- fore use.

Dosage: The dose is 1 ml per 10 kg body mass.

Efficacy:
Roundworms: Prodose
00ae.png
Blue controls the following:

Worm species Immatures Adult
Wireworm * *
Brown stomachworm * *
Cattle bankruptworm * *
Hookworm * *
Nodular worm * *

Dosage for roundworm and milk tapeworm: 2 ml per10 kg body mass.

Dosage for liver fluke: 2,5 ml per 10 kg body mass.

Tapeworms: Milk tapeworm (Moniezia spp.): Class 1 (100 % effective in 80 % of the treated animals).

Ovicidal: Roundworm eggs present in the animal at the time of dosing are prevented from hatching.

Presentation: 250 ml, 1L, 5L and 10L polypropylene bottles.

Storage instructions: Store at room temperature below 25 °C.

Registration number: G2090 (Act 36/1947).

Good day

I have read that Valbazen is a good dewormer for poultry, I have looked for Valbazen and could only find Virbac prodose blue.
It contains Albendazole, can this be used for turkeys and what would the dosage be?

CAUTION

Dosage form: Suspension.

Composition: Albendazole 7,5 % m/v.

Indications: Roundworm and milk tapeworm remedy for cattle.

Warnings:
• Do not slaughter animals for human consumption within 12 days of dosing.
• Do not dose lactating cows whose milk or milk products are intended for human consumption.
• Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
• Although this remedy has been tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.

Management practice should ensure that drenching procedures are carefully carried out.
It is important not to exceed the recommended dosage in cows during the first month of pregnancy.

Directions for use: Use only as directed. Shake well be- fore use.

Dosage: The dose is 1 ml per 10 kg body mass.

Efficacy:
Roundworms: Prodose
00ae.png
Blue controls the following:

Worm species Immatures Adult
Wireworm * *
Brown stomachworm * *
Cattle bankruptworm * *
Hookworm * *
Nodular worm * *

Dosage for roundworm and milk tapeworm: 2 ml per10 kg body mass.

Dosage for liver fluke: 2,5 ml per 10 kg body mass.

Tapeworms: Milk tapeworm (Moniezia spp.): Class 1 (100 % effective in 80 % of the treated animals).

Ovicidal: Roundworm eggs present in the animal at the time of dosing are prevented from hatching.

Presentation: 250 ml, 1L, 5L and 10L polypropylene bottles.

Storage instructions: Store at room temperature below 25 °C.

Registration number: G2090 (Act 36/1947).
@marius86 , welcome to BYC!You can use that, but I think the dose for turkeys is something like 0.267 ml per kg, so a 10 kg turkey would get 2.67 ml.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I will definitely pick up a bottle then. I have also a bottle of Panacur (5% Fenbendazole) for some reason our one is only 5%. Will the dosage be 1ml per kg to achieve a 50mg/kg ratio and then repeat the dose in 10 days? And is it a good idea to maybe rotate the panacur and virbac wormers?

Back
Top Bottom