Wormer

20andy19

Chirping
May 24, 2019
Hi sorry if i have posted this in The wrong place.

I haven't wormed my chickens in over a year. Not sure what to use. Is Verm X pellets any good for worming the chickens? I have been told its no good on its own and to use 'real' medication? Can anyone advise me on this? Aswell as which is best to use for banty hens which i eat the eggs of or do i wait so long after feeding worming meds or verm x.

Thanks,
Andy.

Hi sorry if i have posted this in The wrong place.

I haven't wormed my chickens in over a year. Not sure what to use. Is Verm X pellets any good for worming the chickens? I have been told its no good on its own and to use 'real' medication? Can anyone advise me on this? Aswell as which is best to use for banty hens which i eat the eggs of or do i wait so long after feeding worming meds or verm x.

Thanks,
Andy.
Have you gotten a combined sample fecal float done on the flock to determine if they have a parasite load that requires treatment? You need to know what you are dealing with before arbitrarily worming them.
From what I've read about the Verm X, it doesn't work.

Have you gotten a combined sample fecal float done on the flock to determine if they have a parasite load that requires treatment? You need to know what you are dealing with before arbitrarily worming them.
From what I've read about the Verm X, it doesn't work.

Thanks for the reply.

No i havent had a fecal float as of yet, i i have a powerful microscope which i could possibly get a sample and look for any parasites my self but i will have to do research first on how to do it.

Just out of curiosity, if i ate the eggs and they did have parasites would i get infected? Even if the eggs are well done? Not that i am willing to eat parasite infested eggs its just out of curiosity :).

Another quick question.

If one of my hen's have parasites will that mean they all will if they are kept together

Thanks for the reply.

No i havent had a fecal float as of yet, i i have a powerful microscope which i could possibly get a sample and look for any parasites my self but i will have to do research first on how to do it.

Just out of curiosity, if i ate the eggs and they did have parasites would i get infected? Even if the eggs are well done? Not that i am willing to eat parasite infested eggs its just out of curiosity :).
It is extremely rare for a worm to get into an egg, but it has happened if the worm load is very high.
No, if your chicken has worms, you will not become infected if you eat their eggs.
Most if not all backyard chickens have worms to some degree. Worming should be done when the worm load is affecting their health and when you know what species you are dealing with.

Back
Top Bottom