worming...ewww!

Pinenot

Songster
12 Years
Sep 11, 2007
I decided to do my spring worming on a couple of pairs we have and oh my word....a HUGE worm come out of a bantam chicken! My stomach turned when I knelt down and that is what it was. That is gross...poor chickens...get the worms out!!

2xs a year with Ivermec injectable put in a gallon of water for 3 days. Wait a week and repeat. It will get rid of any crawling pest like lice and mites too. Don't eat eggs during or for 10 days after stopping.

I know what you mean about the "eewww". Awhile back my barred rock hen had roundworms in her poo. I couldn't look at, let alone eat, spaghetti for months!!

I would start at 6 month at the earliest. The ones I did today where a year old. If you have yours caged all the time, there isn't a need for it really. Mine like to free range although some are caged right now to condition for showing.

We also worm our goats that are with the chickens. The chickens can pick up worms from them too if not treated.

Pinenot,
How much do you put in a gal. of water? I would like to try this way as I have around a hundred adult chickens and this seem the easiest way to get everyone.
Thanks,
Sly

2 cc of Ivermectin in s gallon of water for 3 days then give them a week off and repeat.

Good luck with that, sounds way too weak to me, but if it works for ya, more power to you!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom