Worming my feathered babies

Feb 13, 2024
Hi everyone I am new to owning chickens plus 3 geese. I am looking for the best way and most effective way to worm them. There are so many articles online but nothing that is just straight answers. I want my little ones to stay healthy and happy so please any help would be great

Hi everyone I am new to owning chickens plus 3 geese. I am looking for the best way and most effective way to worm them. There are so many articles online but nothing that is just straight answers. I want my little ones to stay healthy and happy so please any help would be great
Welcome! Personally i like to use natural remedies, because with the other chemicals you cant eat the eggs for about two weeks. Cucumber or squash is good, the raw seeds paralyze the worms. Also, put apple cider vinegar in their water, as well as crushed garlic. I hope this helps!

Thank you for that information, but what is the ratio of apple cider vinegar to water, as well as the ratio of garlic. Do you keep the cider and garlic in there all the time? Or do you do it for a curtain amount of time then stop? Thank you in advance

Thank you for that information, but what is the ratio of apple cider vinegar to water, as well as the ratio of garlic. Do you keep the cider and garlic in there all the time? Or do you do it for a curtain amount of time then stop? Thank you in advance
I keep it in there all the time, changing the garlic weekly and the cider daily. I put one clove for every gallon. I put four or five cap fulls for each gallon of apple cider.

Welcome! Personally i like to use natural remedies, because with the other chemicals you cant eat the eggs for about two weeks. Cucumber or squash is good, the raw seeds paralyze the worms. Also, put apple cider vinegar in their water, as well as crushed garlic. I hope this helps!

I keep it in there all the time, changing the garlic weekly and the cider daily. I put one clove for every gallon. I put four or five cap fulls for each gallon of apple cider.
Have you had confirmed worms via a fecal float performed by your Vet?

Back
Top Bottom