Worming Peafowls during breeding season?

First of all many of the worming treatments have been proven to NOT cause infertility. Safeguard can be used. Your problem as others have pointed out is probably not worms. It is probably Coccidiosis or similar issue in the brooding area. I would not take for granted the common items such as proper heating and room to regulate temperature as well as food and water.

After losing many chicks after one week of hatching i called a vet and he came to my place and he told me many things to do, now i have done everything he said and i'm still losing chicks(all of them after they reach one week old or two). And after reading a lot about this problem many topics has suggest to worm the parents, i have decided to worm them and i know the males will be sterile for a while but it seems this is my only and last option. Do you guys think the chicks are dying because their parents aren't wormed?

I'm raising my chicks the same way i did last year and everything went so well last year, the only difference this year is about the parents, last year i hatched the chicks from local birds that i bought from my country, this year i'm hatching eggs from the birds i got from US, the birds arrived at Kuwait on the last week of March, Josh suggest for me to worm the peafowls again after two weeks of their arrival, after two weeks i was going to worm the birds but a hen laid an egg, so i didn't worm the birds cause i didn't want the males to be sterile(i wish i did).

I have sold all the adult birds i have used to breed last year so i don't have any local chicks to compare with these new chicks.
Also i have some chicken chicks that doing well, and they are being raised in the same way that peachicks raised.

Is there anything i can do to help the new hatched chicks from dying? or should i stop hatching their eggs and wait until they lay again after they get wormed?(if they are going to lay fertile eggs again this season)

And again sorry for my bad English.(i'm trying my best LOL)

Sorry to heard that , BTW may the main couses of dead the family of the peafowls , or the weather in Middle East , i try to treatment my chicks ASAP , and i will tell you if i figure out any thing could be ok

thanx for participation man

@q8peafowl , can you post some poop pictures?

-Kathy
Sorry i don't know what do you mean with poop pictures, anyway thank you for all this i really appreciate it , i just read it and i will read it again tomorrow when i wake up since i'm so sleepy right now.

First of all many of the worming treatments have been proven to NOT cause infertility. Safeguard can be used. Your problem as others have pointed out is probably not worms. It is probably Coccidiosis or similar issue in the brooding area. I would not take for granted the common items such as proper heating and room to regulate temperature as well as food and water.
I agree it seems to be Coccidiosis as you said, after asking some breeders here in Kuwait they think its Coccidiosis too, they were some ducklings in the same room i'm using for peachicks now, but i got them out of the room few weeks before the peachicks hatched, i didn't thought it could be the reason, and honestly i have only knows about Coccidiosis two days ago. I almost know nothing about most this diseases.

I have never heard of a duck getting coccidiosis
idunno.gif

Sorry i don't know what do you mean with poop pictures, anyway thank you for all this i really appreciate it , i just read it and i will read it again tomorrow when i wake up since i'm so sleepy right now.

يقصد الغائط للطاووس اعزك الله

Back
Top Bottom