Worming quail?

you don't *have* to unless you house them on the ground where they can come into contact with ickies and cocci. You can worm them just how you'd worm a chicken just a smaller dosage. I don't because my birds are all in raised pens.

Quote:
if you notice a drop in weight then more than likely they may have worms. I dont know anyone who worms their buttons but wow that'd be one small dosage! LOL! I wish i could help. I probably wouldnt worm them unless you saw a problem but that's just me
big_smile.png

Hi,

I think there would be no advantage worming your birds unless they are kept on the same outdoor ground for a few years, they'll be more worm eggs in the ground for birds to pick up. Raised or indoor cages do not contain soils so would'nt be at risk from worm eggs.

Ironsun

Thanks, that was what I figured but when my husband talked to that friend of his he was like ohh we cant put the quail outside until we worm them.. and I was like, huh? LOL. I didnt know anything about quail. though, so figured i'd check.

some people just think you can't do things a certain way at all. theres always exceptions to an old rule
tongue.png
however I've never heard of that one LOL! Coturnix and many other quail are pretty hardy so you'll be fine
smile.png

In all honesty I haven't wormed anything in 5 years. I have turkeys and chickens in the same barn, on the same ground. Quail in cages.

So Far So Good!!!!!!!!!!!

P.s. I have only had poultry for 5 years
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom