Worming Question

carrierose

Songster
10 Years
Feb 22, 2014
Keno, OR
I need to worm my chickens & I am wondering if it is safe to worm my ducks the same as I do the chickens. I plan to use either Wazine or Ivermectin. My ducks & chickens hang out together & share the same water containers.

I need to worm my chickens & I am wondering if it is safe to worm my ducks the same as I do the chickens.  I plan to use either Wazine or Ivermectin. My ducks & chickens hang out together & share the same water containers.

What worms do you want to treat? Wazine can be used in the water, but will only treat large roundworms. Injectable Ivermectin could be given orally, but is not water soluble, and it won't treat cecal worms, gape worms, or capillary worms. Pour on is given topically.

I know there are lots of posts and websites that say to put ivermectin in the water, but I did an experiment that showed it was not water soluble.

Would be best to gather up a bunch of fresh poop and have it tested for worm eggs.

-Kathy

I just want to do a yearly overall worming of my chickens. My question is whether or not this is safe for my ducks since they roam with the chickens & share the same water containers. What wormer is recommended for getting the most parasites at one time?

I just want to do a yearly overall worming of my chickens. My question is whether or not this is safe for my ducks since they roam with the chickens & share the same water containers. What wormer is recommended for getting the most parasites at one time?
Something that will get all worms is Wormout Gel. Dose is *47* ml per gallon for two days, or 0.23 ml per pound orally.
http://www.jedds.com/shop/wormout-gel-vetafarm/

-Kathy

Thanks for the info.

Now to my most important question: Can ducks be wormed with the same meds as chickens or should I separate my ducks when I worm the chickens?

Thanks for the info.

Now to my most important question: Can ducks be wormed with the same meds as chickens or should I separate my ducks when I worm the chickens?

You can worm them together, but you will need to remove their swimming water, because only medicated water should be available.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom