Worming with Valbazen

my chickens are 11 weeks old, I give them ACV in their water daily, and powdered garlic in their food daily. I have not seen any signs of worms in their poop. my question is should I give them a
de-wormer if they do not have any, and how old should they be before I do start to give them Valbazen?

my chickens are 11 weeks old, I give them ACV in their water daily, and powdered garlic in their food daily. I have not seen any signs of worms in their poop. my question is should I give them a
de-wormer if they do not have any, and how old should they be before I do start to give them Valbazen?
Large roundworms are the only worms that can be easily seen. Would be best to find a vet to do a fecal. FYI, ACV and garlic won't prevent worms, and most vets will tell you that garlic in any form should not be fed to birds.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Last edited:
Large roundworms are the only worms that can be easily seen. Would be best to find a vet to do a fecal. FYI, ACV and garlic won't prevent worms, and most vets will tell you that garlic in any form should not be fed to birds.

-Kathy

I will not be giving my chickens garlic anymore..... thank you
I purchased Valbazen for them

Last edited:
Hi all, worm question. I just finished my last round of Valbazen as per the James instructions on this thread. Does anyone know of any red worms other than gape worms that I may see discharged? Thanks!

I use Valbazen or Safeguard if I have a sick individual, but for the flock as a preventative I like Levasol. Easy. Been around a while. Works well.

Has anyone used Aviverm? Just read about this recently on another forum.

I use Valbazen or Safeguard if I have a sick individual, but for the flock as a preventative I like Levasol. Easy. Been around a while. Works well.

Has anyone used Aviverm? Just read about this recently on another forum.
Isn't the active ingredient of Aviverm levamisole?

Oh, lol, idk, I was getting ready to look it up.
big_smile.png
Thanks for answering my question.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom