Worming With Wazine-17 Question

chickencoop789

Songster
7 Years
Jul 1, 2012
New Jersey
I picked up a bottle of Wazine-17 wormer at the feed store today and I have a question. It says on the bottle "for each 100 birds, use 2 fluid ounces of Wazine-17 in 2 U.S. gallons of drinking water." Let's say I'm worming a single hen. Am I supposed to still use 2 fl of the wormer or do I have to use less?

I would think you could split the directions down to a gallons or less if you really want to

Well, yes but it's not the fl oz per gallon I'm worried about. It's the fl oz per hen. If it's saying use 2 fl oz for 100 chickens, I don't want to give my single hen too much wormer in her water. I guess what I'm asking is if it's still ok to use that much wormer even though I'm not worming that many chickens.

You need to keep in mind that Wazine only kills round worms. There are many more types of worms that chickens harbor.

Yeah I saw that on the bottle but that was the only wormer the feed store had. So it won't do any damage to any other types of worms?

I would think you could split the directions down to a gallons or less if you really want to

Well, yes but it's not the fl oz per gallon I'm worried about. It's the fl oz per hen. If it's saying use 2 fl oz for 100 chickens, I don't want to give my single hen too much wormer in her water. I guess what I'm asking is if it's still ok to use that much wormer even though I'm not worming that many chickens.

The strength stays the same regardless of how many chickens you're treating. Obviously your single chicken won't drink 2 gallons of water in a day, so you can make a smaller amount.
For example 1/4 oz Wazine per 1 qt of water is the same as 2 oz Wazine per 2 gal water.

Wazine is to be given for 24 hours only. Put it out first thing in the morning before you let her out for the day. She will eat and then drink the treated water, and during the day as well. Then remove and discard it after she goes to roost in the evening.
If you have other chickens, it would be best to worm them as well.

Back
Top Bottom