worms and pale skin near eyes and breathing problems

Maya234

Hatching
Sep 29, 2020
Hello everyone,

I hope every one is doing fine. I have a rooster about 4 years old . He was doing fine but about a week ago I saw a 3 inch long and thin red color worm in his poop and i gave him Albendazole one dropper but now his comb and all skin around his eyes is extremely pale and from 5 days when he crows it seems like he has sore throat and his voice is not loud as before I gave him one Velosef capsule. I am scared that what if he has gapeworms blocking his air pipe I didn't see any gape worm in his throat but i just gave him one dropper of Mebendazole VERMOX. HE has little bit watery eyes but no running nose but HE SWALLOW his saliva i guess all the time .
PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE NO VET AROUND MY AREA AND MY BABY IS SUFFERING . GUIDE ME WHETHER HE HAS GAPE WORM OR RESPIRATORY INFECTION. WHAT SHOULD I GIVE HIM FOR WORMS IN HIS POOP. PLEASE I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.
WHEN HE BREATHS WHISTLE LIKE SOUND CAME FROM HIS BREATHING. HE HAS LOOSE DROPPING WITH WHITE JELLY LIKE SUBTANCE AND GREEN.

Last edited:
Sorry about your rooster. Most worms that are seen in poop are large roundworms, and those are white or cream colored. A 3 inch long red worm-like thing sounds more like a piece of bloody mucus or intestinal shed than a worm. We always like to see pictures of droppings if possible. Albendazole is the best wormer available for most all chicken worms. How much did you give him, and about how much does he weigh? Be sure to give a second dose 10 days from the first dose.

I would look for any mites, lice, or their droppings or eggs at the base of feathers. Try to get him drinking water, and it can be added to a small bowl of chicken feed to get more into him. Is he eating anything? Scrambled egg, tuna, or canned cat food are some things he might eat besides his feed. Respiratory diseases cannbe from viruses, mold, or bacterial diseases. Have you seen any nasal drainage, bubbles or mucus in his eyes, or any face swelling? I hope that he will get better.

Sorry about your rooster. Most worms that are seen in poop are large roundworms, and those are white or cream colored. A 3 inch long red worm-like thing sounds more like a piece of bloody mucus or intestinal shed than a worm. We always like to see pictures of droppings if possible. Albendazole is the best wormer available for most all chicken worms. How much did you give him, and about how much does he weigh? Be sure to give a second dose 10 days from the first dose.

I would look for any mites, lice, or their droppings or eggs at the base of feathers. Try to get him drinking water, and it can be added to a small bowl of chicken feed to get more into him. Is he eating anything? Scrambled egg, tuna, or canned cat food are some things he might eat besides his feed. Respiratory diseases cannbe from viruses, mold, or bacterial diseases. Have you seen any nasal drainage, bubbles or mucus in his eyes, or any face swelling? I hope that he will get better.
Thank you so much for replying. i gave him half dropper of Albendazole for 3 days. He is eating barley and i am giving him boiled chicken. he has swelling around his eyes and now he is gasping for air. i just gave him 250mg VELOSEF capsule and my b complex half tablet. he had a cream color worm round in shape in his drooping 4 days back . i gave him mebendazole this morning i am worried that it might damage his kidneys. i am so worried and so helpless. can you recommend any home remedies or food that i can give him. is tea good for him or coffee? i forget to mention he had very bad fungal infection 5 days back on his comb and i treated him with dipropionate and fungus is almost gone now. i am thinking is it possible he has a fungal infection inside him too. searching on internet has given me extreme headache.

Last edited:
He doesn’t need anymore mebendazole since you are using albendazole. Velosef is more for severe infections or bone injuries. I would try to get some Tylosin or an antibiotic that will treat mycoplasma MG, and those are oxytetracycline, enrofloxacin, or doxycycline. Enrofloxacin is banned in chickens, but sometimes used to treat certain infections. Can you post a picture of his eye?

He doesn’t need anymore mebendazole since you are using albendazole. Velosef is more for severe infections or bone injuries. I would try to get some Tylosin or an antibiotic that will treat mycoplasma MG, and those are oxytetracycline, enrofloxacin, or doxycycline. Enrofloxacin is banned in chickens, but sometimes used to treat certain infections. Can you post a picture of his eye?
thankyou for your help.
I have attach the picture.
GHOSHI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom