Worms in hen

Now that you know you may want to consider deworming your birds regularly.

Are you in the US?

You can buy Safe-Guard in a goat dewormer liquid form or horse-paste form. Both will be administered the same...straight to the beak of each bird. Either one is dosed by the weight of the bird. If you can't weigh each bird get a good guess for at least one or two of them because you do not want to underdose. Underdosing is the same is not even dosing at all. Giving slightly more will not hurt.
Safe-Guard is .25 ml per each pound of bird.
A 4lb bird would get 1ml.

How many birds do you have?
i have 4 hens and one rooster. The goat safe guard i have is fenbendazole. Is this the correct kind? Oh yes.....they will be wormed from now on! I only got them 2 months ago....did they come with worms??

i have 4 hens and one rooster. The goat safe guard i have is fenbendazole. Is this the correct kind? Oh yes.....they will be wormed from now on! I only got them 2 months ago....did they come with worms??
Yes that wormer is perfect.
Yes...they most likely did come with worms.
Where did you buy them from?

Did you have other birds besides these new ones you just got a few months ago?

Yes that wormer is perfect.
Yes...they most likely did come with worms.
Where did you buy them from?
they came from a local lady that raises and sells them. I got them as layers. I do have 6 week old chicks that have had little exposure to outside. Do I need to treat them?

they came from a local lady that raises and sells them. I got them as layers. I do have 6 week old chicks that have had little exposure to outside. Do I need to treat them?
Does this lady have a website?

I would deworm the entire flock at the same time.
Some people would not deworm the entire flock.
It is a personal choice.

Back
Top Bottom